1st Grow: Belladona & Lowryder#2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
melissa said:
they look fine to me ,,,ive got some beans at 2 weeks about the same size
all good things come in small packages lol:48:

OH THANK GOD!!! I was freakin out a bit after reading some lowryder journals. I see some are two-three times bigger than what I have at about the same time (two weeks). But then again, I'm not using nutes and my lighting isn't exactly optimal...YET.

Should be gettin my CFL's in the mail soon. I'll be running around 16000 lumens.

well you are not going to get any better help on LR...then you just got in melissa..she has an awesome grow Journal on them..check it out..and ask her about anything along the way..she did not get the MVP award for her good looks..lol...

They look Great...Heres some More GREEN MOJO to help them little ones along..

Take care and be safe

4u2sm0ke said:
well you are not going to get any better help on LR...then you just got in melissa..she has an awesome grow Journal on them..
They look Great...Heres some More GREEN MOJO to help them little ones along..

Take care and be safe

Ain't that the truth. :hubba: Thanks 4u2sm0ke!

I check out all the grow journals I have time to read. I get a headache just reading so much. LOL

Finally got my CFL's in the mail a couple days ago. And thanks to Zipflip for a little personal electical lighting 101, I got my lighting all set up.

For those who don't know (LIKE ME) I've got pictures of what I did.

Pic 1: My CFL's (30Watt, 2000 Lumens, 2700k) with two split (Y) sockets
Pic 2: Don't know what this piece is called. It's some kind of heavy duty socket.
Pic 3: Heavy duty socket plus the (3) split sockets
Pic 4: I took an extension cord and cut the off one of the ends. All I did was "tie" each wires from the heavy duty socket to the cut-end of the extension cord. I used electrical tape to cover the exposed wires.
Pic 5: What the finished product looks like from the bottom
Pic 6: What the finished product looks like from the top
Pic 7/8: What the finished product looks like "in action"

*Sorry, I went picture happy, LOL

Lighting 001.jpg

Lighting 002.jpg

Lighting 003.jpg

Lighting 004.jpg

Lighting 005.jpg

Lighting 006.jpg

Lighting 007.jpg

Lighting 008.jpg

Thanks KGB30!

I got a total of 8000 lumens running in that tiny space. I used to have two plants but the other one died on me. So I tightened up the space and now it's around a total of 2-3 square feet. I think 8000 lumens should suffice, maybe one or two more bulbs (2000 lumens each) might be better, but I'm not sweatin' it. :D

I'll have some pictures of my plants at week 3 later tonight. Stay tuned. :D

cuy103 said:
Thanks KGB30!​

I got a total of 8000 lumens running in that tiny space. I used to have two plants but the other one died on me. So I tightened up the space and now it's around a total of 2-3 square feet. I think 8000 lumens should suffice, maybe one or two more bulbs (2000 lumens each) might be better, but I'm not sweatin' it. :D

I'll have some pictures of my plants at week 3 later tonight. Stay tuned. :D

Keep on growing... No one knows everything thats for sure. We just learn freo m our mistakes...

Well, it's been three weeks (21 days) and my little lady is looking pretty good.

I'm going to start to use nutes with some Shultz's plant food which has a ratio of 10-15-10 combined with my usual distilled water. It seems I only have to water my plant about every 4-6 days which comes out to about once a week. So I'm going to use the nutes every OTHER watering.

The plants look a little "stained." But that's just dirt. I didn't bother to "clean" off the dirt from the plant. The bottom two leaves are ever so SLIGHTLY burned because I had my lights too close to the plant. My plant got a little burned...OOPS They're also looking a TAD bit yellow and droopy, but I think that's because it's begging for some water and maybe some nutes, LOL. ANYWHO...

Here are my week 3 pix...
*Sorry everyone...I tried to get the best shots I could and went a little picture happy, LOL :D

Week3 001.jpg

Week3 002.jpg

Week3 003.jpg

Week3 004.jpg

Week3 005.jpg

Week3 006.jpg

Week3 007.jpg

Week3 008.jpg

Week3 009.jpg

Week3 010.jpg

Week3 011.jpg

Do you have a fan blowing on it? That will help immensely. It will strengthen the stem up very well. Do you have fresh air going into your box? They definitely need fresh air. The leaves look a bit heat stressed. What are the temps like? Other than that, looks good. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

smokybear said:
Do you have a fan blowing on it? That will help immensely. It will strengthen the stem up very well. Do you have fresh air going into your box? They definitely need fresh air. The leaves look a bit heat stressed. What are the temps like? Other than that, looks good. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Thank Smokybear! Good point about the fan...I JUST recently installed a small fan and now it's blowing fresh air onto the plants whenever the lights are on (18hours a day :D)

And you're right about the heat stress. I guess I but my CFL's a little too close to them. They WERE about 2 inches from my plant, now they are about 5-6 inches. And with the addition of the fan, hopefully they will be cool and comfortable.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the temps are like, LOL. My guess is that it's around 78 degrees.

You should definitely get a cheap thermometer. $3-4 dollars should get you a cheap one from like Family Dollar or something similar. The fan will definitely help out. Also, some mylar would be greatly superior to flat white paint. Mylar reflects over 90% of the light back onto the plants. I would also stuff as much light as you possibly could into the box to maximize your yields. Put as much as temperature will allow. That's why the thermometer comes in handy! CFL's are weak when it comes to overall yield so more light= more bud. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted on your progress my friend. Take care and be safe.

Where can I get Mylar? Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart?

Possibly but I'm not sure. I checked at my local Walmart and Lowes and neither had mylar. I ended up ordering a roll of it off the internet somewhere. It will be listed as insulation. Take care and be safe.

I agree you need a thermastat....Plants are looking good.. Keep it up

you can order Milar off net..or purchase it at HYDRO shop..its not at Hardware stores...Flat white paint is good...its #3 on reflective material...IMO..( Milar, panda film then white paint) You need a thermostat for sure..You can buy that at HOME depot/Lowes?wallmart...I like the wireless inside/ouside..I can see the temps iside box and the outside temps..if iside box temps are same as outside temps you will have a hard time lowering the heat..also get yoursel a moister meter that helps me a great deal..Good luck and KEEP M GREEN

i know a cheap alternative to mylar but i dont use it since its not dimpled and causes hot spots easier and is only 1 mm thick.... wrapping paper!!! the shiny metalic kind that looks just like mylar, walmart, tartget, etc should have some even though its not xmas.

toke@smoke420 said:
i know a cheap alternative to mylar but i dont use it since its not dimpled and causes hot spots easier and is only 1 mm thick.... wrapping paper!!! the shiny metalic kind that looks just like mylar, walmart, tartget, etc should have some even though its not xmas.

Sorry toke@smoke .. wrapping paper is not even close to an alternative to Milar..I would say use foil wrap..thats even better then paper..also I would worry on the fire hazzard..just my thaughts:)

take care and be safe

hey 4u2smoke ever heard of google?, look into wrapping paper mylar or tissue mylar before you say its bunk it its about 1 dollar and says mylar right on it!! i got this from a reliable grow faq cannabis.com. all you have to do is get off this site for a minute and google it and what do you find duh duhhhhhh!!!! wrapping paper mylar... dude i didnt mean actual wrapping paper it says mylar rite on it so you tell me hows it different i cant tell anything other then its folded up and not dimpled.
first click after i googled mylar wrapping paper.
http://www.jampaper.com/WrappingAccessories/TissuePaper/MylarPaper

Latest posts

Back