1st International Harvesters Ball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb247

JuztBudz
Reaction score
On Saturday we held the 1st Annual International Harvesters Ball at a marijuana friendly Bed-n-Breakfast located in southeast Ontario. It was attended by about a dozen growers from Canada and the U.S. We each submitted samples of the two best strains that we each had grown in the past 6 months. With a total of 24 strains, we certainly had our work cut out for us.

First we placed a bud from the strain being tested under a high powered microscope to see what the trich's looked like. We had 2 vaporizors running at all times, one a Volcano and the other was a European model, glass on glass water pipe with a heat gun heater insertion...very unique vaporizor. Most of the users liked the Volcano best, because it allowed you to taste the vapor, while the glass on glass smoke was ultra cooled.

The testing started at about 3p.m. and we finished the first go-round at about 9 p.m. Took a break to freshen up and eat a scrumptious meal provided by the B+B innkeeper.
We had shrimp cocktail and spinich/cheese hors de vors for starters. Then came makings for sandwiches, ham, salami's and turkey. There were 3 salads and loads of cheeses and trays of fresh veggies and dip. For desert there was a tray of straight sweets and one tray of marijuana laced bran muffins and a laced banana bread that I had brought along. A very nice meal indeed...

Then it was on to round two, by then we had narrowed it down to about a dozen strains and proceeded to narrow it down. We only had two true sativa's, one was Hawaiian Sativa and the other was my own cross, Jackie Blue, an accidental cross made from a Jack Herer x Oasis, that was crossed with a BlueBerry sativa.

On the indica side there was Ottawa Hash, Butterscotch Hawaiian x G13, Freezeland King, Sunshine, Huron, NYC Diesel x C99, and alot of others, too numerous to name them all (or maybe I was to medicated to remember them all?). We all decided that due to time restraints (it was 2 a.m.) we would never figure out who the overall winner was, so we each took home 2 gr. of each strain to try each seperately and turn in our results in a couple of weeks, but the general consensus was that the Freezeland King was the nicest looking and tasting. According to the grower, it is a new strain, 30 years in the making and that Jorge was involved in the developement of the strain.

The overall winners of this smoke-off were the participants. We all had a blast, and alot of great info was passed. I did a demo of my bubble-bags, using 1/4 lb. of buds (not totally ripened) contributed by one of the growers. We got nearly 10 grams of nice hash from those plants. We gave the hash to our friendly inn-keeper for his hospitality.

All in all a good time was had by all...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Peace...j.b.

oh dang..

how do you get an invite to a event like this??

sounds like great fun...

So were there seeds/clones exchanged at all??

also I see you are from Michiganja..

Did you fly or drive to canada.

wondering if/how you transported your stash.

Yeppers, I am from Michiganga...I drove to the site...carried my stash with me...others from my area simply shipped theirs to the address via FedEx...

the seed and clone event is scheduled for April of next year...it was a closed group...people whom the sponsor knows and trusts...

Would be great to hold this for an open field...it would add to the strain base and we would get to meet others of like mind...

Peace...j.b.

Latest posts

Back