1st Time Hydro Grower Needs Some Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My very 1st LST. Looking good so far. This is just for practice
though. It's a New York 47.

IMAG0112 (478x800).jpg

Here goes my 1st cutting. It was the 1st cutting I took off of my
Extrema. I'm going to make her a 2nd mother plant.

IMAG0113 (478x800).jpg

This 1st picture is of my New York 47 MOM. The 2nd one is my Extrema mom and the 3rd is an unknown strain. She looks good and I want to see
what type of bud it produces.

IMAG0111 (478x800).jpg

IMAG0114 (478x800).jpg

IMAG0115 (478x800).jpg

The fan leaves on the unknown strain look amazing. I count 9 leaves? She purty.

-nasty

Looks great. The thing that stands out for me is the cube of rockwool poking out of the top of that hydroton in pic 1. When i tried that the first time( in soil) the top got all nasty green algae on top ,right around the stem of my plant. Its from excess moisture and readily available light and its' GROSS. I hope you don't get it too. I just started getting in the habit of either burying it in dirt, putting a piece of plastic, cut into a disk over top or some such thing. Really only the lil cube needs to be blocked from light but whatever works.

Just a thought

Sol said:
Looks great. The thing that stands out for me is the cube of rockwool poking out of the top of that hydroton in pic 1. When i tried that the first time( in soil) the top got all nasty green algae on top ,right around the stem of my plant. Its from excess moisture and readily available light and its' GROSS. I hope you don't get it too. I just started getting in the habit of either burying it in dirt, putting a piece of plastic, cut into a disk over top or some such thing. Really only the lil cube needs to be blocked from light but whatever works.

Just a thought

:yeahthat: Sol is correct--algae will grow in the presence of light. You really should bury the rockwool so it is completely covered with hydrotron. Rockwool cubes can and will grow algae. This can be very damaging to your plant.

Latest posts

Back