1st week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babe9898

Reaction score
Hi I have started 2 plant agne n its been a wee of a begining process of 18/6, watered 2 times and sprayed 4 times a day.I was wondering if anyone can give me some hints.Ive put them near a fan on low and they are standing good. They are realy dark green.They stand 5 inches. Any edvise would be much aprecated=).

babe9898 said:
Hi I have started 2 plant agne n its been a wee of a begining process of 18/6, watered 2 times and sprayed 4 times a day.I was wondering if anyone can give me some hints.Ive put them near a fan on low and they are standing good. They are realy dark green.They stand 5 inches. Any edvise would be much aprecated=).
What kind of light do you got going on them?What kind of water are you useing?whats the temp?what kind of soil are they in?

water to be used: rain water or bottled water that has ph on label ph around 6.5 is perfect, if tap water, let it sit out on the open for 24-48 hours b4 watering, also dont water on a schedule, let the plant tell you when its thirsty, all the leaves will start to droop down, within an hour of watering theyll be right back up. this takes some practice and a lot of looking after till you get it right.. unless youre doing foliar feedd then thers really no need to spray them.

Lighting to be used: Now here is where it gets tricky, Honestly if you CANT give them the proper lighting now, just stop and wait till you can. THATS HOW IMPORTANT LIGHTING IS.. what type of lighting are you using?

Lighting:It's on a 40 wat 120v clear, like 2 feet and 6 inches away from plant.
Water: Tap water, 4 bottles and a spray bottle,all let set 48 hours or more.
Soil:Regular and some soil from a plant store.
Temp:75 or up

Tap water tends to have high PH..

Go to pet/aquarium store, and buy a PH test kit (drop type).

check your PH. If HIGH.

Add 1/4 teaspoon per Gallon, to lower PH until you 6.5ish.

Your lights are way to far away.

You should probably mmove your lights 6inches away.

ok I moved the light about 6 to 7 inches away i hope they dont burn or get stressed out. The water i dont think is a problem because ive been using this tecniqe from last time and it was fine just until i had to get rid of it but the leafes were all ways up and the plant was about 1 or 2 feet high read to flower but i couldnt keep it. If anyone knows about the lighting and stress lend a hand cuz i dont want them to die after all the work i put in to them. Thank you.

i would add a fan right in front of the lamp, that will help the heat a lot and also get you a stronger stem, ive been told that slows the growth just a little bit since it uses more energy to to thicken the stem but i havent seen hard evidence of it yet, so far i did it to all my plants and have no complaints..

since youre only using 1 light, i would recommend getting a socket splitter, its like a Y that turns 1 socket into 2, u can find them at any harware store, Now you can have 2 bulbs for less than $10, this will be okay because by then you will already have the fan on them, right? lol..;) ... Good luck..

PS if you look at your plant at least once a day, you can tell if the plant is stressing due to heat, just look for any abnormal changes, anything besides green really.. and hop on the forums, some 1 will guide you in the right direction.
Or you can alreday be prepared with some good knowledge courtesy of the hard work of the mods here, if you havent yet, skeem thru this and youll be ok.. guaranteed!!

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5837

Yes i know of the fan and have one on them and had had it on since the time they started to grow.

And i will look in to getting the split socket.

Tahnk you 4 ur help.

I was wondering when i would be able to find out about wat it would be boy or girl.And I wold also ask if the enviormen its in would take a part in its talllnes because i dont think i can be able 2 have a 10 foot monster in my closet im only wishing to try it out and have fun with the buds:) thanks in edvance 4 any information.

you could put them into flower to determine the sex and if a male is found remove it and put the fem back in veg or simply carry on the flowering

:D
babe9898 said:
:D keep up the good work they sound ok ..

HippyInEngland said:
you could put them into flower to determine the sex and if a male is found remove it and put the fem back in veg or simply carry on the flowering

I would just put a clone under 12/12 lighting and in q couple weeks it will show its sex without stressing the plant by putting it back in vegg.

Also is that bulb" 40 watt 120v clear" is that a regular screw in bulb?
If it is get rid of it and use compact floresecent, or MH or HPS
You cant grow under a incandescent lights.

Latest posts

Back