$2-million pot-grow bust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Two men have been charged after police seized drugs worth more than $2 million from a home in north Ajax.

Wei-Min Zhou, 39 and Jin Ru Xu, 52, both of Markham, face charges of production of marijuana and possession for the purpose of trafficking, as well as hydro theft.

Inside the house on Hinsley Cres., just south of Taunton Rd. E., officers from the drug enforcement unit and Division 19 discovered an elaborate marijuana grow operation at noon Monday that included 1,453 plants, 63 grams of marijuana, 450 grams of marijuana residue and apparatus used to grow the plants. The total value is $2,283,000.

"The grow-op equipment included ballasts, lights, shrouds, fertilizer, and high-intensity light bulbs for indoor growing," Sgt. Paul McCurbin said.
"We've been lucky in Ontario and Canada in that we haven't had any large fires or explosions related to any drug operation like this," McCurbin said. "I've got my fingers crossed as I say this."

He said in the Hinsley Cres. operation, electricity was being diverted, creating a dangerous scenario not only for residents in the immediate area, but also for the surrounding neighbourhood.

"A fire or explosion in the night could be catastrophic," he said.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/6fjm9r

I love the quotes.

Damn! Lights and High Intensity bulbs!

I'm still working on how stealing electricity can cause an explosion...

Hmmmmmmmm...

I'm trippin on the 450 grams of marijuana "residue" hahahahahaha

thats a lot of keef. what else could it be......drool?

thats only like 7 times more "residue" than actuall marijuana

Latest posts

Back