2 Questions about my grow, Sealing grow room and Environment control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NorCalHal said:
I guess I'm spoiled...never below 32 really.

I have my exhaust on a thermostat that only lets it get to 67 then stops bringing in cold air. My dehumidifiers allways generate heat, so it never gets too cold.
I think if he kept his exhaust on a thermo, he would be ok. His only issue would be too cool during lights off, so you could shut off the intake/exhaust, as you do not need fresh air during lights off.

really? I had no idea you didn't need air when lights off... Kinda makes me feel uncomfortable tho... i feel that my plants need constant air flow. But ya thats a big problem is when the lights are off, it's been so fuckin cold lately...

I find I need to exhaust my tent at night because the humidity climbs.

The ONLY reason a plant needs "fresh air" is the co2 levels. CO2 will diminish if not replaced artifically or thru whole room airflow.

Most folks use fresh air flow to control humidity and Temps. If you have equip that will handle those 2 items (Air Conditioner and Dehumidifier) then you do not need fresh air.

With that said, again, most folks do not have the proper equip to control the enviroment, so pulling/pushing air is the only recourse.

For the insulation, home depot and lowes have Styrofoam 4'x8' panels. They are cheap, you can basically tack them up and no itchies like fiberglass insulation.

terky said:
For the insulation, home depot and lowes have Styrofoam 4'x8' panels. They are cheap, you can basically tack them up and no itchies like fiberglass insulation.

Thanks! Esaxtly what i was lookin for.

Latest posts

Back