How to prevent fires from exploding bulbs or worse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mine The Defender Extinguishers mounted hanging downward
Did not think they could be wall mounted. may move one to wall for better coverage. Cool
These are Heavy suckers try to screw on to the mount pipe that is screwed to the beams
1669401653700.png

they make wall mounted units that ate cylinders...the round drum you have is for ceilings only...got one of them, heavy units 'eh...
yES SIR, THAT TANK WAS A ***** trying to hold in one hand while spinning it on to the short pipe thread mount they give you to use. Then I almost put my finger through the glass rod that sets it off if it melts LOL

I have never had a bulb explode on me. I also don't have to run a heater. I spray for bugs weekly and always make sure the bulbs have cooled somewhat and never let any spray hit the bulb.

My best advise is.....BE CAREFUL!!!
My high pressure sodium bulbs were inside a glass cool tube, still have them, but run led now.

Bubba

I've used HIDs since '82 and never had one explode yet. Touch wood.

Like @pute I need the heat in my underground grow room. I can run a 1000W SHPS in the summer without A/C tho the exhaust fan will be running at least half the time as directed by the temp/rh controller. Two of the walls are outside walls tho have tons of clay pressed against them that freezes hard in the winter and acts like a cooler all summer. The floor is smooth concrete so nothing much to catch fire down there.

I use some 1" styro insulation on the floor to set pots on and when I was doing DWC in tubs had them on little wheeled dollies to keep them off the floor tho that would have helped keep the nutes cooler.

I have a heater on a baseboard heater thermostat just wired into an electrical box with cords hanging out each end so the thermostat can be a little ways from the heater. Can even turn on during the plants day in winter when running a 400 or 600 light. The room is 7x9x6.5'h so have about a 5x4' area that can be used for plants and leave room to move around etc. Also have a Light Rail 4.0 to extend the coverage on whatever size grow I'm doing so I can run that with a 400 to do the work of a 600 or the 600 to do the work of a 1K.

Got lots of bulbs for everything. Love the Hortilux line! Stay away from those PlantMax. Cheap like borscht but you get what you pay for. That big box is a 940W Hortilux conversion bulb that runs off a 1000W MH ballast but gives HPS light. Way more intense light than any other 1000W I have. I got it new for $170 but they are $300 now. Also have a 600W 10K finishing bulb I only used for a bit once but will try it for the last 2 or 3 weeks on a grow soon as I get one ready.

BulbCollection.JPG

The Light Rail at work. Only uses 9W for the motor. Made in the USA too!

CBDgirlsLightRail01.jpg

☮️

I'm using LED's SF 4000 it runs 72 - 82. The only thing about the SF 4000 is it doesn't have a dimmer switch.

105_3265 - Copy.JPG

I'm using LED's SF 4000 it runs 72 - 82. The only thing about the SF 4000 is it doesn't have a dimmer switch.

View attachment 321945
Ness you can Dim the SF 4000. I'll try and find the instructions for you.
I bought a SF 4000 from Lesso and googled the instructions on how to dim the light.

I've used HIDs since '82 and never had one explode yet. Touch wood.

Like @pute I need the heat in my underground grow room. I can run a 1000W SHPS in the summer without A/C tho the exhaust fan will be running at least half the time as directed by the temp/rh controller. Two of the walls are outside walls tho have tons of clay pressed against them that freezes hard in the winter and acts like a cooler all summer. The floor is smooth concrete so nothing much to catch fire down there.

I use some 1" styro insulation on the floor to set pots on and when I was doing DWC in tubs had them on little wheeled dollies to keep them off the floor tho that would have helped keep the nutes cooler.

I have a heater on a baseboard heater thermostat just wired into an electrical box with cords hanging out each end so the thermostat can be a little ways from the heater. Can even turn on during the plants day in winter when running a 400 or 600 light. The room is 7x9x6.5'h so have about a 5x4' area that can be used for plants and leave room to move around etc. Also have a Light Rail 4.0 to extend the coverage on whatever size grow I'm doing so I can run that with a 400 to do the work of a 600 or the 600 to do the work of a 1K.

Got lots of bulbs for everything. Love the Hortilux line! Stay away from those PlantMax. Cheap like borscht but you get what you pay for. That big box is a 940W Hortilux conversion bulb that runs off a 1000W MH ballast but gives HPS light. Way more intense light than any other 1000W I have. I got it new for $170 but they are $300 now. Also have a 600W 10K finishing bulb I only used for a bit once but will try it for the last 2 or 3 weeks on a grow soon as I get one ready.

View attachment 321939

The Light Rail at work. Only uses 9W for the motor. Made in the USA too!

View attachment 321940

☮️
Brother LabRat so good to see you have joined I missed you and the Sasquatch, The Artist and friend. We should bring him over also. Good artist Great Man too. WELCOME.
1678623840292.png

View attachment 321945
The SF 4000 without the dimmer switch can be dimmed by removing the box from the light,,turning it over and using a screwdriver on the back. There are two places. The one on the right is the one you use.

You can adjust the hole with ADJ letter to adjust the light.
Turn clockwise to lighten and turn counterclockwise to darken

1678624241335.png

The SF 4000 without the dimmer switch can be dimmed by removing the box from the light,,turning it over and using a screwdriver on the back. There are two places. The one on the right is the one you use.

You can adjust the hole with ADJ letter to adjust the light.
Turn clockwise to lighten and turn counterclockwise to darken

View attachment 321950

I'll have to write down the instructions. When I take the light down, I'll give it a try for veg time and turn it back in flower. What do you think 1/2 inch turn?

I haven't used it yet so I'm not really sure. I would just play with it by turning it all the way down and see what that does and then adjust from there.
Count the turns, that way you will know where 50% is on your way back up.
Another words if it takes 4 clockwise turns to go as far down as it will go. Then you know 2 turns is at 50%.
If it only takes one full turn to go all the way down. Turn it back half way and put a mark where you will know where 50% is.
That's what I'm going to do. I haven't got my grow room built yet. Remember I've been growing outside. My Wife said no more outside. She said she is to old for jail. And she is right. We had a few close calls last yr with repair men for trees and lines.

Last edited:
Thank you. I have a light meter tester for LUM'S. I can use that when the time comes.

I unscrewed two of the connectors for the lights. I don't know if that's good or not but so far seems OK.

I've got 8ft ceiling to work with so it shouldn't be a problem. My Flower room will be 3x4x8.
I have a room that's 11x7x8
3 x 7 of that will be the grow area and the rest will be a big Pantry for food and stocking up on things.
Wife wants a big pantry with an extra refrigerator and cabinets. It will be great to have room to build up supplies and food. And to grow in.

Does the pH have anything to do with the reproduction of the trichomes?

PH has everything to do with the uptake of nutrients,,so yes I would say it has plenty to do with it. If your plant is not getting the proper amount of nutrients then it will effect your flowers.

Latest posts

Back