2 x 400, 600, or 1000 watter??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbak67

bobbak67
Reaction score
OK I have a 4x4x7 hydrohut with a single 400 watter. I have a 6" inline exaust fan and passive intakes at the bottom of the hut. Considering heat issues what would be better for me? I have a lead on all of these. The 1000 watter has a air cooled hood included, the 600 needs a hood but is digital, and the 400 would be the exact same as the one already in the room.

What do you all think?

Thanks..............:D

1000, with out a doubt.

especially if it has an air cooled hood...

its a no brainer.

I would normally say (2) 600 watters or (2) 400 watters as it would spread the light over the whole area with no dark spots...but then you said "air-cooled" Go with the 1Kw. in a heartbeat.

OK but what about heat issues mutt? Do you think a 6" inline fan will do the trick for a 1K Watter in a 4x4 room?

Are talking about the air cooled hood or the grow area?
air cooled hood match the diameter of the hoods' duct hole. The ballast should be kept outa the hut. The hood should be cooled by air outside of the hut.
grow area....depends need to know the ht.
Size is not as important as CFM's it pulls. Take the widthXlengthXht to find out how many cubic feet you have.

edit: oh you posted the ht. 112 cubic feet is your size. CFM's stands for "cubic feet per minute".
now I'm not sure how much air should be cycled every minute. I always just went a little bit over to be ok...works fine for me

So i cannot use my fan to also rercirculate my hut as well? I have to draw air from outside the hut for cooling? Its a 300CFM fan.

What I meant was that an air cooled 1000 watter in a 112 cf room wont get too hot?

How I take it from the pic (i don't use a hydro hut but seen a lot of em online)
the exahust is seperate from the light.
The hood has like a 4"-6" hole in wich you run a duct to the outside. "seperate hole" Doesn't show back side of hood and duct going to the outside of the hut.
Then you have you hut air circulation. Which in the pic is the carbon scrubber.

I guess with the 300 CFM exaust use a "T" splitter. One for the light and another for the hut exahust.
The purpose for the air cooled hood is not to have hardly any of the heat from the light enter the hut. It is exhuasted immediatly out of the hut.

A 4X4 area needs at least 800W so a 1Kw would be great.

Mini-Hut-lg.gif

Latest posts

Back