215 Watt LED Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking great bro, 30k lums are nice, so they are a big power drain huh? well let me know how much of an increase u get on the bill if ya don't mind sharing i wanna usem them 2 but i saw that about that they are power hogs.....

Yeah the truth behind the $20 HPS is the ballast is a cheap inefficient POS. It is a 150 watt light that takes 384 watts to light. If I had it to do over again I would buy a 400 watt digital ballast HPS instead of the 2 150 watters.

Rogue said:
Yeah the truth behind the $20 HPS is the ballast is a cheap inefficient POS. It is a 150 watt light that takes 384 watts to light. If I had it to do over again I would buy a 400 watt digital ballast HPS instead of the 2 150 watters.

Man I went from planning on getting one of those then two of those then a 250 then a 400 finally got the 600 Digital cuz its the most efficient. I am eager to see how your LED's work when they are at 100% I wouldn't mind using LED on my veg at least.

Just a quick update for everyone. My grow died. I fell ill just before Thanksgiving and little by little it grew worse. I barely had enough energy to go to work and keep my girls watered. It got to the point that I finally decided to go see a doctor and was immediately hospitalized. It turns out that I have had pneumonia and other serious lung infections several times and never had them treated correctly. Well this caused fibrous tissue to build up around my lungs and eventually almost collapse them, the doctor told me I was running on about 25% normal lung capacity. On top of it I had developed pneumonia again. So I was hospitalized for 3 and 1/2 weeks and had my lungs operated on to remove the fibrous infection tissue. I am back home again doing good and getting stronger. Currently not smoking or vaping anything, Thank God for Brownies!!! My grow completely dried out as no one knew it was going. Once I heal up I am going to try again.

thats terrible man...i was reading up on this when i first joined the site a month ago and was highly interested...i guess you see how easy stoners forget when there not reminded.i forgot all about this specific thread.sorry to hear about your situation.hope you get well and get started again soon.

Yea Rogue im suspecting this had to do alot with fungus provided from marijuana be safe be smart be careful

Umm, marijuana causing pneumonia? Never heard of that one. If that's true, we're all in very big trouble. :p

Forget all that. Dead weed has nothing on being dead. Glad to see you're all right.

They don't think it was MJ that caused the problem. I live in a medically legal state so off the record I told my doctors that I do smoke MJ, so that they had all of the facts. They do not think it is the cause, they do not know the cause, but believe it to be some type of bacteria. Due to my very poor lung health I was told that I should not smoke anything at this time, I was a pack a day cigarette smoker as well.

I am realy glad that you are ok now!!!! Man, my best wishes to you! The pack a day needs to go! Get better and get growing! we need our LED alliance...lol

DUDE that sucks! but I know where you are coming from, I had to have my appendix taken out and when they did. They found that I had fatty tissue wrapped around my intestines. If they had not found it I may have ended up with a colostomy bag. The only bummer is that what started out as keyhole 1" incision ended up as a cesarean section scar. I hope you feel better soon and when you get backup and running let us know so we can watch your weird science

Been away for a while, bummer on you being sick, get well soon.

Really dug your 25w and 215w grow threads Rogue. Been thinking of making my own LED lights... have you made any progress with re-working your 215w setup?

Sorry to hear about your series of bad events. I will keep the leds alive !!

Latest posts

Back