250 hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melnick

Reaction score
I was thinking of using a 250 hps for flowering. I was looking at 4-6 plants. I have unlimited space, so that would not be an issues. It can be a small grow room or a large grow room. With the 250 hpc i was looking at a small area. Any suggestions . Thanks.

need more light ..sorry take care and be safe

you could use 250 to veg them. then go the biggest you can run without heat issues.400 will work but 600 will start to really get them dense

Ya i would use the 250 for veg until u get a 600 or a 1000 for ur garden! you have to figure out wat ur trying to accomplish, and how much u are wanting to spend, put a plan together! how many plants are you wanting to grow?? a 250 watter wouldnt yield much imo! ur also gonna need a inline fan too though when going above 400 watts! good luck, check out craigslist they have cheap lights all the time

with the right genetics and a little scrog training you can yield 6 oz with a 250W being used through veg and flower.... my friend grows Romulan clones in a scrog setup in a 2' x 3' area and pulls right at 6 oz dried and cured every 13-14 weeks.... it takes him 3-4 to fill the canopy and 9-10 to flower....

not sure how much you're looking to get or how much you consume, but that amount seems to last between harvests for him.... he also uses a conversion bulb during vegging.... hope that helps a bit....

remember guys.... some people just don't have the capability of running the bigger wattage bulbs like some of enjoy.... gotta still try to help out the small setup personal growers....

A 250 watt light is good for 4 square ft, and still have 5000 lumens per ft2. this give you the best lighting per ft2. A plant per ft2 will be a dense canopybut by trimming a training your plants you can have as good a grow as any larger watt light system

fleshstain said:
with the right genetics and a little scrog training you can yield 6 oz with a 250W being used through veg and flower.... my friend grows Romulan clones in a scrog setup in a 2' x 3' area and pulls right at 6 oz dried and cured every 13-14 weeks.... it takes him 3-4 to fill the canopy and 9-10 to flower....

not sure how much you're looking to get or how much you consume, but that amount seems to last between harvests for him.... he also uses a conversion bulb during vegging.... hope that helps a bit....

remember guys.... some people just don't have the capability of running the bigger wattage bulbs like some of enjoy.... gotta still try to help out the small setup personal growers....

Your buddy did better than me. I had a 300W scrog that only yielded 5.5 ozs (I was really happy with that until you mentioned your buddies grow...)

get a 270watt agrosun hps bulb and max that sucker out!

The Hemp Goddess said:
Your buddy did better than me. I had a 300W scrog that only yielded 5.5 ozs (I was really happy with that until you mentioned your buddies grow...)

THG.... i credit his genetics.... even though it's Romulan, it seems his is a better yielder than the other's i've seen grown.... maybe he found the diamond in the rough....

and 5.5 is still a great yield of a small bulb.... i know people that could make that amount last 6 months.... myself not being one of them....

The 250 will produce about the same amount of light as my 2 x 150 setup, although my pair of lights no doubt gets better distribution. I find that's plenty for 4 plants or 5 smallish ones. I got just under 8 oz from my last Aurora grow from the 2 x 150, supplemented by 100W of CFL during flower. I think your 250 grow will be fine, especially if you hang a 30W CFL in each corner - with a cone reflector each, you can make the reflectors yourself - to fill in the dim parts.

Latest posts

Back