????????????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink_floyd_2006

Reaction score
can i chop a plant that is in a dwc? i have 5 in one 10 gallon storge tub. this one that i wann chop is the smallest one that doesnt have a very big root system. where put into flower about 2 weeks ago. and I had just recently tied the top down 2 days ago so that it could get out from under some of the bigger plants. i checked it out today and it has A LOT of droopin. HARDCORE.

Maybe its not getting enough light? You could just pull it also. Pics would help.

You need to be able to separate the roots and remove them with the plant. If you just chop the plant at the base, the remaining roots will rot and die, causing you all kinds of problems in your res.

What are the water temps in your dwc tub, because there should be any drooping even if it was a runt and was getting a lot less light. Drooping in a DWC tells me one thing... Not enough Dissolved oxygen. You may be pumping in a nice amount of O2, but if the temps are high then it is pointless. Remember that plants in a DWC get their air from Dissolved Oxygen directly from the water.

So what do you suggest i should do. I already chopped it i pulled the roots out as best as i could. It was to late for the lil gurl she looked pretty gone. Should I get another air stone in there? And what kinda of problems will i expect to run into with the remaining roots that i didnt get to pull out? Thanx for all the info!!!!!

Tell us about your setup how can we help without any information? What are your temps, what are your rez temps, what nutrients are you using, what are your ppm's, what strain are you growing etc etc etc.

Well wat i have posted so far is about as much info as i can provide. I have two grandady purps and 2 afgui x g13. I dont know the temp of the res. It been going great. except for the lil one that i had to chop. I dont know anything about ppm's. I am using Dr. Hornby's Iguana Juice (bloom) advanced nuts. I am using 2 70 watt hps bulbs, 2 200 watt replacement cfls. and 4 150 watt replacement cfls. with a couple more cfls throwin in there. Ne-ways thats all i can provide at the moment. If any body else has any questions just ask. All yalls input is greatly apreciated.

Well as far as cutting the plants out and removing the roots you should be ok. Just keep an eye on your reservoir for the next few days and remove any other dead material you see. I started plants from seed in a 5 plant tub (or was it six lol) and had to remove all but one of them. I just removed the dead material as much as I could and kept an eye on it. I also changed the rez after a few days and did a flush to make sure all the nasties were gone and then went back to the regular routine. I'm sure it had a few negative effects on the plant and caused some undo stress but I saw no ill effects. Good luck.

Hey Thanx a lot TATER for the input. I'm very greatful. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for me. Ne- other info you think I could use feel free to let me know. Thats goes for everyone else that know a lil about my situation. Thanx again every body.

I chopped ten plants in aero set up and haven't had a problem. You may want to get a beneficial like voodoo juice or something. I know the bacteria can breakdown and dissolved dead plant matter. Your ph may fluctuate for a few days but will level itself out, if maintained.

hey thats a great idea, I think I might do that next time I start a new strain from seed and need to weed out the males. Put some little buddies in there to eat the the dead plant matter and turn it into something that will benefit the rest.

Latest posts

Back