Advertise On Marijuana Passion

2nd Grow Small Brown Spots

Sixx

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
141
Reaction score
3
Any ideas as to what might be causing this ?? I have 3 plants 2 different strains in 5 Gal bubblers... Using FloraNova 1 Part Grow, and Bloom. I just last week upped the nutes to 75% Str which is as high as I was gonna go.
These spots only appear on 1 of the 3, and mostly at the top. They are all maintained at the same time with equal nutes and Ph. I also noticed the tips browning and curling downwards a bit, so I thought maybe 75% nutes was too much for them... But why only 1 of the 3 plants then ??
Anyway.. Heres a couple pics... Other than those little spots she still looks healthy and is well into bloom now.
View attachment 164947View attachment 164948
 

Hamster Lewis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
16,529
Reaction score
3,731
Man that is quite a bit of cfl's....what are your temps and humidity like?
 

Sixx

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
141
Reaction score
3
The first grow I used 8 2700K bulbs the whole grow...This time I used 10 bulbs... 8 6500K Daylights and 2 2700K Softwhites to Veg, and swapped to 8 2700s, and 2 6500 to flower... Temps are solid... rarely goes over 80. and then its only 81 or 82 at most. I have the same 250CFM duct van venting as I did the first grow and temps were the same then as well... Small personal fan inside the box pulling in fresh air, so I assuming humidity is good too or within acceptable parameters.
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,836
Reaction score
12,667
bi0phreak420 said:
They always ragg your cfl's...
haaaa haa!... "ragg".. :rofl:..
you call it "ragg"... the facts/science/math calls it stating their inefficiency..;) You're the only one that seems unable to accept the facts...:confused2:
What "is" ragged on, is incorrect and/or misinformation trying to be passed off as fact.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54867
I even stickied it for future reference for any other mislead newbies as well... :)


and I'll apologize to six for derailing his thread with this ;)
 

bi0phreak420

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
144
Reaction score
5
Hick said:
haaaa haa!... "ragg".. :rofl:..
you call it "ragg"... the facts/science/math calls it stating their inefficiency..;) You're the only one that seems unable to accept the facts...:confused2:
What "is" ragged on, is incorrect and/or misinformation trying to be passed off as fact.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54867
I even stickied it for future reference for any other mislead newbies as well... :)
and I'll apologize to six for derailing his thread with this ;)
RIGHT but the question he asked was about brown spots on plants and the first thing some had to say was BOY THATS ALOT OF CFL'S YOU GOT THERE...ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
 

bi0phreak420

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
144
Reaction score
5
Yeah see no response to that one just like i thought everybody always wants to get off subject.....still ROFLMAO
 
R

Roddy

Guest
I took it as a thought in passing, but it seems to bother you that people tell the tale on the CFL's? Either you're insecure in your equipment or you truly feel people are bashing...which I don't really see?

If insecure, the store still has HPS lighting available! :D

Not ragging on any grow styles, just find it funny his comment bothered you so. I'm glad everyone can find their own way to grow in a style that best fits them! Truly, my first thought was along the same lines...nice collection of lights!
 

Sixx

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
141
Reaction score
3
bi0phreak420 said:
RIGHT but the question he asked was about brown spots on plants and the first thing some had to say was BOY THATS ALOT OF CFL'S YOU GOT THERE...ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
Its cool man...Smoke another one :).... I got the spots handled and under control... My facts are simple...I spent alot less cash on my grow gear, and it costs alot less to operate then those with 400 to 1000W HIDs, and I can produce 2-3 ounces a plant (or more) in some cases) EASY on 2 1/2 foot plants without topping or fimming or any other LST ot HST... True...My nugs will not be as tight and compact as HID nugs...But the smoke is just as good, and Im happy.
 

bi0phreak420

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
144
Reaction score
5
Sixx said:
Its cool man...Smoke another one :).... I got the spots handled and under control... My facts are simple...I spent alot less cash on my grow gear, and it costs alot less to operate then those with 400 to 1000W HIDs, and I can produce 2-3 ounces a plant (or more) in some cases) EASY on 2 1/2 foot plants without topping or fimming or any other LST ot HST... True...My nugs will not be as tight and compact as HID nugs...But the smoke is just as good, and Im happy.
Right on sixx these people just have no clue what cfls will produce cause they have never used them..but oh well we know whats up...lol I have found some other references to that arent as hateful on MY CFL"S
 
R

Roddy

Guest
If they work for you, fine, but acting like everyone hates because you use them??
 

bi0phreak420

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
144
Reaction score
5
Then why do they always have to say somethin about the lights when it doesnt even pertain to the question????
 

Hamster Lewis

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
16,529
Reaction score
3,731
bi0phreak420 said:
Then why do they always have to say somethin about the lights when it doesnt even pertain to the question????
Maybe it did pertain to the question.....I noticed his plants were up into the light area....maybe just maybe that was what was causing his spots. Either way it is clear to not only me but most others that you got issues.

Glad you got it sorted out Sixx...
 

rotten_socks420

'N The Mountains YO!
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
391
Reaction score
7
Hamster Lewis said:
Maybe it did pertain to the question.....I noticed his plants were up into the light area....maybe just maybe that was what was causing his spots. Either way it is clear to not only me but most others that you got issues.

Glad you got it sorted out Sixx...
VERY CLEAR! Way to sensitive jesus.. pull the stick outta ur *** ;)
 

Latest posts

Top