2nd verse- same as the first.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camiudom

Reaction score
Here we go again, after a little rest for the busy season I'm back at it. These bagseed plants were germinated and put in soil on the weekend following Thanksgiving. Now the weekend after Christmas running two MH bulbs, 400 and 250watts 24/7, soil with perlite and DE. Watering with Miraclegrow bloombooster 15-30-15 at full strength. Lights are close as I dare because I had problems with stretching last time (What internode length should I be looking for?) Temps are wonderful, and humidity is kept fairly high, there is no fluxuation in either throughout the day. I'm just fairly new to this and want to learn the most I can about the process. Thank you all for all the help I've gotten with the first batch- it was a wonderful creeper, with a super munchy high.

122709-4wk.jpg

Wrong nutes! The MG Bloom is for bloom not veg! I use it and it works fine, but only in flower! And those plants are too small to be giving full strength nutes. Let them develop a good root system THEN start the nutes. Use something high in N for the veg stage, actually something like a 10/10/10 would be fine.
Try to get some real genetics for your next grow, not bag seed. Then you will know what you're growing, and know what to expect.
Best of luck with the grow.

It's hard to tell how much stretch to expect when you are running unkown genetics...a sat is going to stretch more than an indica...etc As long as your keeping your light as close as possable without burning them, and you aren't overwatering them...then there is not much else your going to be able to do anyway,(as far as stretch goes) except let them grow.

Definately get them flushed out of the floweing nute, and get some good veg nutes.

Puff....your plants look real nice! what are they?

yeah they look nice keep these ferts for later stages get some veg ferts, how many plants you got there? any space restrictions? you can never know wat to expect from bagseed but hey it could be a good yield who knows, my first grow ever was with 4 bagseeds on my roof gave me a great result :) good luck

I had read somewhere on this site that someone had been using bloom ferts throughout- guess I'll have to go back to the veg nutes. I really don't have the time I would need to dedicate to a good strain just yet. I work in HVAC and am accumulating used controls to make my room virtually 100% automated- that will give me the time to concentrate on the smaller details. currently have proximity sensors with relays to motors for lighting, as well as a few pumps and timers for watering. I have chemical pumps for nutes, but I'm still looking for temp and humidity controls, I may have to buy them. Basically I'm just using the bagseed to get a feel for the grow and you guys as a resource for my continuing education. I am interested in more information on watering though, being my second grow I have noticed that these buckets are much heavier when dry than were with full grown plants when the roots filled the bucket. I have a much smaller target with this grow as well- I want to get these 6 plants to maturity, sex them, and clone the healthiest mother, for practice with cloning- by then I should have the flowering room up and ready, so I can have something more continuous. Any thoughts, feelings, or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A fully automated room sounds cool, but IMO it would take all the fun out of growing...I'm in my grow 3 or 4 times a day, not because I need to be, but it's my favorite place in the house...lol. Good luck with it!

Good, known, stable genetics take exactly the same amount of time and trouble as bagseed. Actually, less - because other growers will have experience of the strain and will be able to advise if problems occur. Perhaps the main appeal of bagseed is not knowing what to expect. Like, why do I still have an unknown bagseed in my grow when I have really excellent genetics to clone from? Just curiosity.

Latest posts

Back