3 quick questions! Please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loko17

Reaction score
1. If growing in soil will flushing a plant remove dolomite lime I added earlier?

2. If my soil ph is just under 6.00 ph should flushing with water ph-ed to 7.0 raise the soils ph enough or do I have to use dolomite mixed with water?
(Btw I noticed that when I add dolomite to 6.8 water it raises ph to 7.2.) Could this be an issue?

3.When Im preparing soil (original ph out of the bag is 5.9)how long do I have to wait for the dolomite to raise it to 6.5? I added 250 ml to 30 liters of soil and after 3 days its at 6,1 -6,2

If any one could share their wisdom I'd really aprecieate it!

feed with a solution phed to 7 or a lil higher to balance it out. let the lime do its thing. no worries mate. giving a full ph spectrum is a good thing as it will fluctuate naturally.

you gonna drive yourself crazy testing the PH of the soil and run off water.

do yourself a favor and stop over thinking it.

Just make sure, the water you feed your plants are PH correct, and not
worry so much about the actual soil.

MrPuffAlot said:
you gonna drive yourself crazy testing the PH of the soil and run off water.

do yourself a favor and stop over thinking it.

Just make sure, the water you feed your plants are PH correct, and not
worry so much about the actual soil.
...Especially if you have ammended with lime. The lime will neutralize your ph issues. ;)

Don't worry yourself too much about the ph my friend. The natural ph levels will fluctuate naturally so it's impossible to keep the ph at exactly the same level. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back