3rd week flower. droopy fan leaf?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erwinsweeney

Reaction score
These are Ak-48, just starting 3rd week of flowering. I noticed that 1 fan leaf as you can see in the pics is droopy. There is no discoloration so far. Other fan leaves around it seem to be fine. I know it's just one leaf, but I figure if somethings going on, I want to catch it at the onset. Full stats are in the grow journal, I will give brief overview. Plants are in soil, PH'd 6.5 water, fox farms big bloom, tiger bloom nutes, using 250 watt 2700k CFL bulb, along with 120 watt blue and red LED unit. One 80 CFM fan blowing into tent, and one 80 CFM pulling through carbon filter and blowing out of tent. I live in desert climate, so during lights on I also run a small humidifier, keeps temps down a bit, and adds a little humidity. This is my first grow ever. Thank you

Photo0135.jpg

Photo0136.jpg

Photo0137.jpg

They look fine to me, pretty healthy tbh. sometimes top leaves take a while to fully stretch out for the light.
I have literally just bought myself some AK48's from nirvana and if they look anything near youres i will be happy :) also they look like you have just sent them into flower, 2 weeks in approx (nvm it helps to read the title :s).
As the buds grow they will absorb all the nutes in the fan leaves and in time they will turn yellow or droopy, this is very normal and to be expected ;)

TwIsTeD-SmOkEr said:
They look fine to me, pretty healthy tbh. sometimes top leaves take a while to fully stretch out for the light.
I have literally just bought myself some AK48's from nirvana and if they look anything near youres i will be happy :) also they look like you have just sent them into flower, 2 weeks in approx (nvm it helps to read the title :s).
As the buds grow they will absorb all the nutes in the fan leaves and in time they will turn yellow or droopy, this is very normal and to be expected ;)

Thanks T.S. I'm sure you're gonna love growin the Ak-48's. The one in the pics is the cherry pheno, and I've been told it's fairly rare. I've taken some clones from her, to do a couple more rounds. I'm relieved to hear someone tell me to not worry too much, and that the plants look good! I am amazed at how simple it's been so far. I guess thats why people say it's so important to buy quality seeds with the good genetics. Thanks again.

HeHe its all good.
As i read somewhere on this forum when i was starting out
Just remember, they are still only a plant
first time around you have done youre homework, you have a nice little setup there (similar to mine) youre plants look nice and healthy much better than mine first time around :p. As long as you get the timing right to youre preference of buzz to cut them down, you should be stoned from hear on in :hubba:
My first time around as the trics turned cloudy, I chopped off a cola every couple of days and speed dried it to smoke it to find out when to harvest my buds to my preference, i actually let part of a plant go all the way until the trics started turning black so now i harvest my bud as soon as the first trics turn black as that was my favourite buzz ;) but each to there own.

Latest posts

Back