40 clones cut, none of em rooted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokewun

Pothead
Reaction score
These came from my master kush mother. I used clonex then placed them in the dome...now day 7 and they're all dead! Is it bad rooting gel? Should i use powder?

That be tough trail walkin pilgrem. Sorry fur yur loss. takin "40" cuts from one plant be allot friend, must be a monster mother yual have there.

BWD

so many things could have caused this..and one can be the gel is bad...I dont like the cloneX anymore as I find it not a gel...it doesnt coat the stem like the dynagel...we need more info on how you clone?...temps..now large clippings...temps in dome...what did you do to get where your at?

take care and be safe

We need to know way more about your set-up and exactly how you took the clones.

It is not unusual for rooting to take way longer than 7 days with many strains, but for them to have rotted in that length of time means something is seriously wrong.

Hey THG how long do you use the solution in your bubble cloner before you toss and refill? What about you Smoke?

I dont use a bubbler Hushpuppy..other that this:bong1:My cloneing method is in y signature and works well for me....only time mine all rotted away was when I had to much water in the tray that held the clones....

Merry Christmas everyone

Sorry Smoke, I thought you used a bubbler. I think you are right about having too much moisture will rot them in cubes, but its different in the bubble or aeroponic cloners. I have been losing some to rot every now and then in my bubbler. Some will root very quickly and have no problems and some will take a long time and end up losing a couple that are weaker cuttings.

I like to use Rootech, I've had lots of success with it. Some Gel like to clump and not adhere to the stem real well.

I'm sorry for your loss -- 40 clones are a big loss. Can you post a pic of the mother? I use powdered hormones and have never lost a clone. My problem is having to toss away perfectly fine, rooted plants. I have explained what I do several times in my journals -- it's pretty basic. Good luck on your next try.

Peace

I've had hell trying to get a good method of cloning that works for me, so I sympathise with you. I have found that the two things that affect successful cloning, no matter the medium, are temperature and humidity. If rooting in soil, or other medium, then over wet can be a killer. If in a bubbler or aero then temps and humidity are the criticle things to watch. My biggest failing attempts where always due to the roots / stem being to wet or the temps being too low.
Sorry if I cant be of more help, but I know you will get it down eventually, its all trial and error.

What works for me:
I use rapid rooters, and clonex for my clones. I have found that by placing the rapid rooters in small ( 2 or 3 inch ) pots, surrounded with a light soil/coir mix that I can control the moiture a whole lot easier. Usually I water once, when I take the clones, and don't have to water again. The soil acts like a moisture control on the plugs, and prevents them from becomming soggy, and the roots can grow directly into the soil without any transplanting. I usually mix coir and fox farm Ocean forest at about a 1 to 1 ratio and the plants can grow directly into it without any problems. I place them under a humidity dome for about a week to 10 days, misting at least twice a day for a week, then once a day ( lightly misted! As too much misting can cause problems as well. I mist the inside of the dome heavely, but I very lightly mist the plants themselves. I also leave about a half inch of water in the tray, and the soil will wick up the moisture it needs, without drowning the plants.

This works for me.

Latest posts

Back