400w MH bulb defective?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

North Fork Hermit

try'n to stop time.......
Reaction score
I just removed my MH to start flower and my bulb has a heat bubble. This bulb was run 24/0 for 40 days in a 6" vented hood with fan in ducting. Anyone ever had this happen?

400wmhbubble002.jpg

not i, i would bring it back to where you purchased it and ask them.

geez louise man... fire starter there.....holy cow...
i would take that right back and be like ***!!!!!!! most stores well any of the stores ive delt with will give a 60-90day warrenty on the bulb... if not the company will or should exchange it..
LH

Yeah, L H , I just e-mailed HTG they said send it back and it will be replaced. They told me that if I was in veg for 24/0 the light needs a rest once a week for 15-20 minutes. I'm in flower now with the HPS. Will use a different light schedule for the next veg. with MH or go floro. This indoor stuff is so much different than my usual outdoor grows but I'm learn'n a lot lol.

North Fork Hermit said:

Yeah, L H , I just e-mailed HTG they said send it back and it will be replaced. They told me that if I was in veg for 24/0 the light needs a rest once a week for 15-20 minutes. I'm in flower now with the HPS. Will use a different light schedule for the next veg. with MH or go floro. This indoor stuff is so much different than my usual outdoor grows but I'm learn'n a lot lol.

Awsome man least there fixing the problem.. hmmm i also veg 24/0 when i do... but with a HPS... maybe try that next time... they dont get near as hot and you'll get a few more lumens.... im using the horilux super hps 55,000 lumens so we will see the difference in veg this time compared to the red bulbs...
we all learn day in and day out my friend..
LH

Latest posts

Back