4ft plant in runaway growth with poor lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybear

Reaction score
alright background: big buddha cheese female plant about 4ft in height from pot to top, first seeded around June, its now December so thats about 6-7 months. its in a big pot so no worries about the roots and it is watered and fed every so often so no worries about it dying suddenly from nutrients/water

however, as you might notice from the pictures below, this poor baby has been cooped in a closet with only 3 100W CFL's powered on it, 2 on the sides and one on the top which you can see, is now approaching its limit of top growth and needs to be moved asap (esp. since its tinted orange)

overall, its basically suffering from neglect and i need a way to resuscitate this plant: whether or not I should try to salvage what I can by taking clones off it or just trying to nurse its leaf foliage back into health with improved lighting

please let me know your opinions, time is ticking for it!!

DSC00004.JPG

DSC00075.JPG

DSC00076.JPG

The lights are too close, that's what's making the tinge.

You have a few options:

You can chop her head off and wait awhile longer to flower. Make sure you put vaseline on the opening to prevent infection.

You COULD take clones, which you would want to start flowering at about 8-10 inches so they won't grow over 4ft.

Whatever you do, pick all the dead foliage off her, that can lead to molding and bugs. it also blocks the light to the under leaves.

I would LST or maybe pinch the top, set the lights to 12/12, get what buds you can. That plant is not getting enough lumens by the look of it.

Deff looks like it has nute Deffiency I read up and ask for more advice

I'd take clones and start again.

it's too tall,almost as big as the closet already so in flower will go through the roof.

It's not in good condition and really do think taking clones and maybe adding more light and suitable vent for a chance of a good finish.

Latest posts

Back