6" Vortex Fan inconjuction with 6" to 4" reducer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cesar Chavez

Reaction score
Is there any downside when using a 6" Vortex fan, then using a 6" to 4" reducer, connected to a 4" duct hose, in order to control space a little better? I live in an apartment, so would rather run 4" ducting then a 6". Maybe even use a 6" semi-rigid duct between Vortex fan and 6"-4" reducer, then the 4" flexible ducting to hang on ceiling, then out the room entirely. Or should I always use 4" ducting with 4" fan, and a 6" ducting with a 6" fan.? I will have the Vortex fan hooked up to a 6" cool reflector. Thanks.

Well if you need to run 4 in ducting, then a 6 inch fan will be better then a 4 inch fan...unless im too stoned?

:bong:

I agree with OG.
if you have to reduce it to 4" so be it. Just try not to have many bends in it, and try to use ridgid ducting.
How many cfm is your 6" fan?

The CFM for the 6" Vortex is 449. Thanks for your responses BTW. I will take pictures shortly.., my girls are sleeping :) .

ridge duct work has the best air flow

flex duct that is stretched completely has better air flow than compressed flex duct

Theres nothing wrong with reducing just remeber u dont get the same cfm when u reduce, and it will make more noise. Had to do the same thing in my cab 2x4x6 and all i had was a 6 in fan. Worked out but tight fit plus the goblin filter i put on called for more cfms rining it trough my 400 watt hps.

i had the same question, i need to reduce it from 6" to 4" i'm wondering how much venting i am losing? i will need the fan's full potential in summer, it will be impossible to open a bigger hole :confused: will i be losing much? i know it will still vent but will i notice the difference in hot summer?

Latest posts

Back