6 year member makes a COMEBACK! Help w/ grow setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hemp Goddess said:
Let me go over things again. One fan is going to do both.

You will need a passive intake as large as your exhaust, which should probably be 6". Remember that you can use things like register boots and put a register cover over any exposed intake. This is nice even if they are behind the entertainment center. The ducting that you plan on running up into the attic space will be connected to the outlet side of the hood. Then as you mentioned up through the access hole, with the fan in the attic. You should probably run more ducting to a gable end that has some ventilation vents. You do not want your attic getting too moist.

PM sent. Thanks.

Hey 50, another thing to think about is odor control. A carbon filter attached to the opposite end of your air cooled lamp works well. I'll attach a photo of my tent set up.

The fan does not have to be located in the attic, but they are not quiet, even the good ones. I have mine under my house in the crawl (under my bedroom) and I cannot hear it run at all. I also use insulated ducting with helps with noise.

The register boot is simply so you don't have a 6" hole in the wall behind the entertainment center. I just makes it so that you can have a grate over the inlet hole, giving it the look of a heat vent. It's only purpose is to disguise the hole.

Like I mentioned, don't connect a filter until you need it. It affects the cfms. I never use a filter. If you need one, it will connect as chazmaine mentioned:

filter>ducting>light>duct, fan>duct to outside

Latest posts

Back