6plant veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Ivey

Reaction score
Ive never grown but I got15 seeds in mail . I want to grow 6 plants so Im gettin a 600HPS to flower. Im gettn some floros for seedlings and cloning. Im gonna vegetate 5-8wks and dont know how much space Ill need therefore I dont know what kind of light to purchase. Iknow you need 3000lumens per sq.ft. So my question is how many watts should the MH light be to vegetate 6 plants. BTW Im hoping to get 3sativadominant and 3indica dominat dont know if that makes a difference. TY

The size light you need is dependent on your grow space and not on how many plants you are growing...you need 3000 lumens/sqr/foot veg and 5000 lumens/sqr/foot flowering...measure your grow space to find out how many square feet it is then take that number and multiply it by 3000 and 5000 to find out how many lumens you will need...you will also need ventilation

Hamster Lewis said:
The size light you need is dependent on your grow space and not on how many plants you are growing...you need 3000 lumens/sqr/foot veg and 5000 lumens/sqr/foot flowering...measure your grow space to find out how many square feet it is then take that number and multiply it by 3000 and 5000 to find out how many lumens you will need...you will also need ventilation
how much space y ou think Ill need for vegetating 6 plants?

About 24 square feet assuming indicas or indica doms and plants 3 ft high. This is what I am getting for Nirvana's Blue Mystic and also the Black Domina from Sensi. (One is an indica, similar to NL, the other is a 4-strain mix, can't say how much of what until I smoke test it next year!)

Hi its just me two cents but I want to point something out...if you do half indicas which are shorter and half sativas which are lanky u will have different sized plants..It will be harder to maintain perfect lighting unless you top or bend the bigger plants...U may want to consider doing one or the other or have two lights for them...I have made this mistake before trust me... half of them end up on filing cabinets to get closer to the light...

Latest posts

Back