85cannabliss & The Stranger Freezer Grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything is looking great 85C. Starting to look like a jungle in your grow area and there is nothing wrong with that. Your doing a great job mang keep it up. :aok:

"and ive just done the same for this grow and if i get my plants 1 inch from the light, they are getting a total of 119999.9999...... lumens:eek: and the temps are staying between 25 & 27C, this will be good for my yeild, right?"
Hey C85 hows it going....:)

Jus linked into this thread from your computer grow.....

120,000 lumen?..........thats no good man!.....too many

Change the batteries in your calc,........:)

Not to mention some massive air cooling...............;)

hey ISBN, i just sent you a PM with the link to that calculator on it, thats what it says, although i keep my plants like 3-4 inches from the lights, so its more like 13333.33333333334 now. please let me know on here if its wrong, or send me a link to a better calc, but if that 1 is correct (which it should be), then that is the correct lumens at the plant now.

any1 else wanna check this out then i will PM you a link.

The plants max out on about 50,000 Lumens if you gave em any more than that you'd start to harm em..........

Thats all.......:D

If your running a 250 w halide then the closest you wanna get is 6", that is if you can control the heat.....:evil:

Sounds like that figure you got was ...I think!.....looking at that calc you showed me....the lumens at the actual bulb surface.....

OK now I jus read that 1inch bit........:doh:

I'll shutup now.......

hey bliss... I hope you took clones of your plants before you put them in flower?!?... that way, if your babies turn out to be wicked weed, u will have the strain to continue without having to rely on seedlings (sex).

myself, I have 3 mothers that I've been raising under 2 - 4' flo's that I took clones of the other day (the bottom branches to make 12 clones for flowering in the next crop) - I pruned all three and used those tops to start 3 new mothers. by the time I crop out what's in the box now (in a couple weeks), I will be putting in the 12 clones of ULT.

I'm going to move my box, too, to upstairs... right now it's in an unfinished basement, and I'm finding it's too cold down there with winter coming.

I'm going to construct a box to grow my mothers in, as well, where I'm going to put in a 400W MH that I used for flowering my first crop before I got a 1000W HPS in there to finish off crop one.

I'm not seeing the yeild that I did in my first batch, and I think it has to do with the fact that the box is downstairs, so that's why I'm going to move it upstairs at the end of this crop.

here's some pictures of the second crop right now... I'm doing a last feed right now, then I'm flipping to water for a couple weeks to flush. The box is 4x4x6 with a furnace blower on variable speed for air outtake, just a fan for circulation, 1000W crayon style HPS bulb, and 2 4" holes for passive air intake at the back/bottom. I tell people it's just a storage chest I made... and make sure the sterio is up loud to mask the sound of the blower ;)

That crazy vancouver guy said:
hey bliss... I hope you took clones of your plants before you put them in flower?!?... that way, if your babies turn out to be wicked weed, u will have the strain to continue without having to rely on seedlings (sex).

hey CVG, got a little carried away with your own grow there :rofl: and saying as you ask, i havent took clones off these ladies, i want to grow them to harvest before taking cuttings. just so that i know my setup works the way it should. i have my veg for my next grow up and running too, in a PC case, 4 afghan seedlings in there at the moment (link below), and theyre doing great. but these 1s will be giving me clones for a continual sensi garden.
i dont even know whether thats what we will do, we may get some feminized seeds of a different strain, but thats months away, im just concentrating on this grow for now, then ill think about what happens next.

thanks for looking in BBP, always appreciate you looking in.

yeah thats what i thought to dank, but if theyre getting that then happy daze :)

imsoborednow said:
The plants max out on about 50,000 Lumens if you gave em any more than that you'd start to harm em..........

i dont think this would be true, if the lumens are ther to be used then the plants are going to do just that. i know if i could eat the richest foods throughout my whole life, id probably be obese :D but thanks for your concern man

there looking good 85c.really happy ang green. keep up the great job so you can sare ya harvest with us LOL

yeah ill have a spliff for every member on here, how does that sound :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

imsoborednow said:

Thats all.......:D

If your running a 250 w halide then the closest you wanna get is 6", that is if you can control the heat.....:evil:
Question: im keeping mines at 3''-2'' even 1'' from glass (425w hps( and tops temps at 77-81 is that bad for them? i thought that as you can keep temps low its ok to keep the light as closer possible so the lower buds can receive some more.would be better if i raise light at 8'' even if my temps are good?

Depends on variety, but 1500 to 2000 lumens per square foot is fine for vegging, but up to 3000 can be used by the plant. During flowering, you can do more, like up to 5000 lumens per sq. ft........

When a plant gets to much light the top growth loses its pigment..
The leaves turn WHITE...and GROWTH STOPS (at the top of the plant) and when you raise the lights the leaves turn green again (and growth resumes) after a couple days... IT is almost like a burn.. but the leaves don't turn YELLOW and they dont become necrotic....

thanx man:cool:,so i suppose that if top leaves still green and not kinda burned its ok to keep the light as close as possible

50,000 lumen= hot summer day (maximum growth)
35,000 lumen= cloudy day (Good growth)

To measure the lumens at plant top level.....use a light meter.
or use the graph posted by Mutt in the lights section....

Theres no point in getting any closer than 50,000lumen...
You raise the light so you get a bigger 'footprint' to grow with....;)

time for an update, they are looking great, alot of budsites developing. ill start with the small afghan. this has the littlest amount of hairs on it, but the side branches are almost as tall as the top now, so maybe it will be a little surprise for us come harvest.

small.afghan.JPG

small.afghan.NICE.JPG

next up, is the ethiopian. when i topped this 1 i took a little more than i should have :eek: so the top isnt developing so good, although the next few nodes down have some awesome budsites. i hope they make up for that little mistake i made. lots of white hairs on her tho, shes looking great.

ethiopian.JPG

ethiopian.NICE.JPG

now for the big afghan, ive left her til last because shes the best so far. the top on her is really starting to come together, and the lower budsites look just as great. hairs, everywhere, i just cant wait for them to be full of crystals, they are gonna look sweet :) well, here they are;

big.afghan.bud.closeup.JPG

big.afghan.NICE.JPG

big.afghan.topbud.JPG

big.afghan.O.K.JPG

Latest posts

Back