A little help for a 1st timer plz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spidey12

Reaction score
Hello every1, just wanted to say thanx in advanced for your help.
I started my outdoor plants from clones, I have OG Kush and everything has been going smoothly.
I've been using Earth Juice grow (2-1-1) but just last thursday I added some Alaska Fish Emulsion (5-1-1) and yesterday evening (saturday) I saw some of the leaves on my plants had a yellow color to them.
I've read alot of info on what might be the problem but just would like another oppinion.
Did I over fertilized by adding to much N all of the sudden or do u think my Ph is just thrown out of whack?, I haven't tested the Ph just yet.

Here's some pics of my problem,

Thanx again

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I haven't tested the Ph just yet.
It is highly advised that you check the ph of your water and runoff ..otherwise you may recieve incorrect information when we are trying to help you ! Peace and ph check please !

You didn't by any chance foliar feed her?

Either that or buy any chance have a magnifying glass directed straight at it?

She looks burnt.

no to much N would have tips burned and edges..i think its mg diff...IMO..add 1tblespoon epson salt to a gallon of PH ballanced water...and check that PH..Its everything:aok:

You need some more P and K... Also, pick up some Garden Lime and drop a healthy dose of that on the soil. Should be an easy fix as once you apply these your plants will be better in a couple of days.

No I didn't do foliar feeding but I will be testing the Ph today for sure, thanx for all your replies, I appreciate it.

This same problem shows up every year bout this time, I think I have seen two or three posts just like this. You need some more nutes there, I think, all numbers higher. Has the earth juice have the micro nutes in it? Your growing outside right? Give your plants the fish emulsion for at least two weeks into the bloom cycle, they will need the nitrogen while in flower. Some yellowing of leaves when in flower can be expected, but not like what you got up there.

My girls are going into early flower and I am giving them nutes that look like this 9-45-10, that is the specs on Open Sesame from Fox Farms, for good bud formation. It also provides micro nutes. Then I will hit them with some ChaChing by Fox Farms, when they have buds actually set on them 9-50-10. for the duration. The partner will slip in some Big Bud by Dr. Hornby along the way too 0-10-40, he swears it makes a difference. I do my feeding every five six days.
Hope something up there helped you. I dont know exactly what the problem is with your leaves.

It looks like nutes got spilled on those leaves while watering. I have done it and they looked just like that.

Thanx everybody, I really appreciate all the input I got. I was hoping maybe that I did water some nutes onto the leaves by accident because not all my plants did that, the ones that did are mostly from the middle of the plant down but not all the leaves did what I showed on the pics.
Ph testing is my next step, where I live stores are limited and I have to travel far away to get stuff but that's my #1 on the list in the morning.
For those of u who use fish emolsion, how often do u guys use it? every watering? 2 times a week? once a week? just curious

Thanx alot again guys

I was using it once a week, but once they hit 5 feet, that wasn't often enough. Now I am feeding twice a week. There is more than one mix of fish fert. One has mostly N, the other has more P. Read the label. It shows it.

Ok so I FINALLY tested the Ph and it's @ 6.5 .... so while I was getting some soil samples for my tests I saw MITES !!!!:eek: a crap load of them crawling all over the top of the soil, so in your opinion what's the best way to get rid of them?
I've heard of neem oil, avid, floramite, hexygon, lady bugs, praying mantises .... what's the best way to kill them for good and not damage the plant?
My plants haven't flowered yet so I hope is not to late to get rid of these bastards. I checked the plants and only 2 have the mites on the base of the stem already making a web but the entire plant is clean, even the back of the leaves, so far they r just on the dirt crawling like crazy.

Thanx again every1

Hot pepper, garlic, a few drops of dish washing soap in a sprayer works.

Latest posts

Back