A question for you Bong people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey to all those who love hittin that bong. I was just wondering, me and Riz are looking into getting a decent glass bong with lots of filtration and whatever...

What do you do to clean the damn things??? its not like you can get in there with a sponge to clean the tar off :p

Anyway, if you can tell me a good way of cleaning them then we may get one.

I think the reason i ask this is becuase all the bongs ive smoked were pretty harsh on the throat and they always had a bit of tar in the chamber :p

The "bong cleaners" they sell in smoke shops are just hydrogen peroxide, salt (to scrape off the harder tar), and coloring/smell.
So save yourself the money, and pick up some hydrogen peroxide. :)

Okay, now here is a subject where I actually have some expertise! In years past, I would wait until my bong got all gunked up and then try to clean it using all kinds of devices....bottle brushes, pipe cleaners, the dishwasher you name it. But I have learned from experience that the best way to keep a glass bong clean is to rinse it EVERY time you use it. And once per week or so, swish it with some windex. Mine is several years old and clean as a whistle. :)

It is easy man, salt water or peroxide and salt mixed. Take the bong and fill it with the water. Take two plastic baggies and rubberband over the holes so water doesn't come out. Shake the bong for a few minutes and empty. Nice and clean. Rinse once more with regular water to get all the salt residue out.

Ok so I've smoked from ol' smokey here for goin on 10 years and he's an old glass soldier of a bong and I got one question here. Do people realy clean they're bongs??? Because if you are supposed too than well they shoulda hadd a set of instructions or something when I got it because I've never cleaned mine.

We clean all our glass with 90% ISO. Looks brand new everytime. ;)

thanks for you help guys, and NLS - LOL.. i dunno if you guys have the same, but in my trade we dont wash our tea break mugs, we just refer to them as seasoned lol.. maybe this is similar? lol

well it sounds good, windex, hydrogen peroxide, but TBG, whats ISO?

the_riz said:
thanks for you help guys, and NLS - LOL.. i dunno if you guys have the same, but in my trade we dont wash our tea break mugs, we just refer to them as seasoned lol.. maybe this is similar? lol

well it sounds good, windex, hydrogen peroxide, but TBG, whats ISO?
Whats up Riz. ISO = Isopropyl Alcohol ;)

I used simple green on a triple chamber plastic bong once. I came back the next day and it was in a few pieces. I cleaned it out and everything. Plastic ones are alot more sensitive to crap. Anyone have suggestions for Plastic?

Hey there, I clean my tube most every evening. It is 3 years old and has a little build up, but stays pretty clean! I also have an ash catcher so my tube doesnt get near as dirty as the ashcather bowl. What kind of bong are you looking into? Please don't tell me your paying $500.00 for a roor or something overrated like that, custom lamp workers can do just as good of a job and it will have some real detail rather than a plain production tube.
Just my thoughts, 55

hey thanks guys.. I dunno about the doc but I was hopin to get a 2 or 4 way pipe shish bong, hell we share all our green anyway, why not in 1 hit lol..

if not, nah, those roor bongs are nice as hell, but a price tag to match lol.. i know what your sayin, people make this things for less money, and its personalized rather than mass produced, which id always choose, infact id rather make my own lol..

thanks for your input guys :D

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
We clean all our glass with 90% ISO. Looks brand new everytime. ;)

Was at Walmart today buying some things and I picked me up a 16 oz bottle. After pouring it in there and swishing it around for a minute or so, I dumped and YUCK. After doing that four times my little water pipe is shiny clean!!! All for 94 cents. Thanks TBG :aok:

Try filling your tube with water and putting like 5 efferdent(denture fizzies) in the water it fizzes and fizzes then your bong will be clean works for most all glass peices! 55

My question is.. where do you people dump your cleaning liquid after use?

Bubby said:
My question is.. where do you people dump your cleaning liquid after use?

Down the sink?

Like someone above me said, the commercial ones are just peroxide/salt.

Latest posts

Back