ac drying true r false

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckboi_88

Reaction score
a frend told me u can dry your harvest using a A.C... by hanging it upside down infront of the ac is that true?

probably.. but why?

i don't understand why people get impatient at the end. they grew the thing how long? and they can't wait a few days till it's dried properly?

just dry it normally man.

i personally try to dry mine as SLOW as possible.

Sounds like a way to cause Mold to me.:rolleyes:

i've learned a lesson about smoking my stash too soon...let it dry naturally..it's soooooooo much better..2-4 weeks in a glass jar can even make it more potent.

:yeahthat: ....or in a baggie!;) The important thing is to try to keep yer mits off of it for a few weeks after it's dry enuf to go in there. Like a good pal of mine sez though... "Curing is for growers who have bud from their previous harvest still in jars." :p

I've found my best drying occurs when temps are in the upper 60s to lower 70s so for some situations A/C comes in handy during drying. Especially around here in the summer or if you live where you have high RH/temps.

Peace!:cool:

Agreed. I always just hang dry for weeks. Run the De-humid 24/7. And no, it does not dry it too fast and its harsh.

While you can hang it in front of the A/C to dry it will most likely dry too fast. That is not the preferred method if you are trying to give it that long slow dry. The A/C removes moisture from the room air. So if your room air is has a high rh% you may lower the humidity to an acceptable range and everything works good. If the room air is all ready has a low rh and the A/C removes more moisture than your harvest can dry too fast not giving enough time for things to break down and may have a harsh taste. So knowing what your drying conditions are is important in order to to give a more accurate answer.

You can pick up an inexpensive hygrometer at a pet store to help you know your rh.

Latest posts

Back