adjust ph in feeding water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timdog4

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a quick question about ph. I use water with ph around 6.5 (yellow-green) but after I add my foxfarm nutes it drops way down in the red(below 5). Is this normal or am I supposed to adjust it after i add nutes. Please help before i feed tonight.

Thanks Hick, I have been growing for 6-7 weeks and into 2nd week of flower and I have never checked or adjusted ph after adding nutes. I always adjusted water prior to adding nutes and assumed nutes were ph stable. Could this be why my plants seem to be small for their age?

PH below 5, in dirt, is bound to have negative effects on them TD. Unless your medium is high, (8.0+), and the 5.0 is attempting to neutralize it. "MOst" strains do well anywhere between 6-7.

Thanks for posting this question man! I also always assumed that the organic nutes would have a nuetral pH but i guess not.. It makes sense though NPK all have varying acidities and alkalinities when mixed in chemical compounds such as the ones found in the FF nutes (P2O5 and K20) many of us growers here use.

Latest posts

Back