Advice needed for top heavy hydro grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scatking

Senile Member
Reaction score
Well I had a feeling letting my girls veg too long would have consequences...checked my tent today and found one of my plants in DWC had toppled over, which broke a couple of the lower branches. I have been cautioned about trimming during flowering (now week 5) and i am not sure if i should just leave the broken branches or trim them off. Things were going so well up too now and i am hoping this won't completely trash my first grow. Any thoughts/advice would be really appreciated.

The roots were long enough to stay partially submerged, but the upper roots on the net pot were exposed for a while to the light.

You need to tie the plants up. You can splint broken branches with tape. Got any pics?

Will post pics tomorrow. One of the branches looks pretty mangled, but it has 5 or 6 buds. Just want to be sure leaving them on won't stress my babies. Will this delay my harvest?

No, happens all the time outdoors, part of life. Just a really crappy part, I know the heart sinking feeling. Get your self some garden wire and tie them up, or find some tomato supports whatever you gotta do. If the broken branches come back awesome, if not, don't worry about it, trim them and try to catch a buzz off of it. Good luck bro, next time set up a screen for support so they can grow through it.

i've had luck with electrical tape. broke a main branch about 3" up from the dirt (outdoors). i used electrical tape, then splinted some popsicle sticks around and threw another layer of tape on. plant didnt hermie though the growth slowed for a few days.

It's a lower branch. When I checked today it was already wilted. Guess I'll quick dry and sneak preview this weekend! Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back