Aerate water?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy Horse

Reaction score
Does anyone aerate their water when using soil? A friend of mine says it works wonders, but thought I would check in on u guys to see what u think. He just lets his water sit there with an air stone in it. CH

yeah dude, lil` pump and air-stone oxygenates the water so i hear.
as to what benefit it actually has on the ladies i don`t know.
do the dudes with the hydro reserviour`s not do the same? with the water sitting there so long....:lama:

I may do this if it helps....put an airstone in my water cup haha, sounds like it'd be better than just straight sitting water...hmmm

It seems like it would make sense, just wondering if it would actually make a difference, or is it just going to be another unnecessary add-on?

Water - H2O has oxygen (1 part O, 2 part H) in it, roots need this. In DWC (deep water - hydro), it's like fish using up the oxygen in a tank so they need an air pump, same with the roots for hydro...the roots extract the oxygen so oxygen molecules are mixed in with water molecules by an air stone or whatever... but in a soil grow the roots get oxygen by being allowed to dry out a bit and they 'breathe' while in the soil...I suppose more oxygen in the water could help but it's not like it's needed as in DWC, though I know you're not going to hurt anything by it either. Better mix of soil and breathable medium like vermiculite is what's really needed :D

I like to keep things as simple as possible. If it is not going to add anything significant to my grow, I won't bother with it.

Naw reason u use air in DWC is to keep the roots areated and water also or either the water would get stale and the roots would dry out and to answer your question I dont think it make any difference what so ever because your not using hydro

berserker said:
I do for two reasons.The first one is,I get my water from my lake.Second I use organic nutes,aerating your feeding water will stimulate the micro-organisms.Keep it GREEN:D
Yup. Just bubbled me some earth juice and top max.

Latest posts

Back