After Transplant....question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omnigr33n

I'm a damn monkey.
Reaction score
I transplanted my plant that is in flower in its 6th week. I placed some dirt in a 5 gallon container, placed the dirt ball of roots on it and then watered. After I watered I placed more dirt on top of it to fill it out completely.

What is weird is that this was 5 days ago and my plant doesn't seem to be thirsty at all. In the past it would need a watering every 4 days or so. Right now it doesn't look thirsty at all and I am beginning to get worried. Is the water not evaporating or drying out properly because I watered and then placed dirt over it? Or am I bugging out? Thanks.

possible transplant shock from roots being jostled that late in flowering.... give it a week or 2 and growth should go back to normal.... hopefully....

i just transplanted today and i suspect that i might have a small problem with transfer shock how long if at all will it take to be back to normal with a lot of TLC

that is to far into flower for a transplant IMO..Good luck 2u

take care and be safe

Thanks for your input guys. I had to transplant. The one gallon wasn't cutting it and the plant was eating itself. At least that has stopped. I didn't know about transplant shock, but I was gentile anyway. I transplanted in one complete swoop and there wasn't any root boundedness. I watered and then I placed more dirt over.

I was more worried that because I placed more dirt after the watering it would help keep the soil moist. This is not a good thing.

Well if it just takes a little extra time to get adjusted and not hermie than fine. I figure it will flower better in a 5 gallon than a 1 gallon. It should be worth it in the end.

Hey man,

I think it's just that since you added more soil it's going to take longer for it to dry out. The bigger the pot the less you have to water. Don't sweat the transplant... You know better for next time... It may be too late for the added rootspace to make much difference at this point but as long as she recovers it sure can't hurt. You may see a new prolific flowering spurt now that her roots have got room to roam... Just keep the Green Mojo going strong and wait til she dries out well on the surface to water. She may have some slight transplant shock and just slowed down for a few days... It's water under the bridge now bud... Just keep an eye out late in bloom for dreaded nanners in case you stressed her over the edge but everyone should keep a sharp eye out for nanners EVERY grow...

Happy Growing!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
Hey man,

I think it's just that since you added more soil it's going to take longer for it to dry out. The bigger the pot the less you have to water. Don't sweat the transplant... You know better for next time... It may be too late for the added rootspace to make much difference at this point but as long as she recovers it sure can't hurt. You may see a new prolific flowering spurt now that her roots have got room to roam... Just keep the Green Mojo going strong and wait til she dries out well on the surface to water. She may have some slight transplant shock and just slowed down for a few days... It's water under the bridge now bud... Just keep an eye out late in bloom for dreaded nanners in case you stressed her over the edge but everyone should keep a sharp eye out for nanners EVERY grow...

Happy Growing!:cool:

Hey man, thanks. The plant doesn't look thirsty or anything. It is just sitting there. I am wondering whether to give it a good watering later today for good measure? I transplanted 5 days ago today.

I knew that if I left it in the one gallon the plant would have just prematurely yellowed, dried and died out. Sometimes the plant hasn't matured enough and you have the bud leaves start dying out. It became a sort of race.

Could the desired plants genetics express themselves in the allotted time period? Before it killed itself? I was kind of tired of it.

I would've posted this is the problems section, but I don't know if it is a problem or not lol.

Stick your your finger down into the soil. If it is dry,,water her,,if it is damp,,Dont.;)

Yea thats fine, but the dirt is dry because it was dry when I placed it on top of the watered soil transplant.

I am strongly considering just thoroughly watering again tonight regardless if whether the plant looks thirsty or not.

I am going to water with a dilute rooting hormone solution all around.

If I haven't seen any more yellowing progression in my plants then that is a good sign? I am assuming it is.

Look, when you repot at any stage you will usually see a growth pause. It's the plant putting energy into new roots rather than building bud or leaf. When you repot in future put moist soil or medium on top, not dry.

leafminer said:
Look, when you repot at any stage you will usually see a growth pause. It's the plant putting energy into new roots rather than building bud or leaf. When you repot in future put moist soil or medium on top, not dry.

Ok thanks, I figured that. So does this increase the time it will take to mature? I know actual plant 'maturity' won't change much, but I am talking about the thc of course.

We know the resin is created to protect the buds and plant in general. Besides having a possible detrimental affect of the plant as a whole, wouldn't this stress perhaps cause the plant to go into overdrive mode to protect its flowers after the roots have stabilized?

Latest posts

Back