Age to pollenate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GodofGraphics

Reaction score
"A plant is ready to pollinate 2 weeks after the clusters of female flowers first appear. If you pollinate too early, it may not work. Wait until the female flowers are well established, but still all while hairs are showing"

I cut and pasted this from your grow guide.

If this is true... then my plants which have only been in flower 12/12 cycle for 7 days would be safe from being pollenated... correct? See pics.

This has been the only bit of info I have found on the age of a plant before it can be pollenated.

My two bagseed plants hermied... I believe... problem is they are 4 weeks from harvest and I lost 3 harvests in a row, previously, and I just want to harvest something soon. I'm willing to smoke male pot if necessary. Should I pull these hermied plants or let them run their course... depending on whether or not my other 4 are pollenated?

Help? Advise?

Your thoughts on my pics?

InFlower1.jpg

InFlower2.jpg

A single receptive pistil, + a single grain of viable pollen = one seed... age is irrelevant..."IF" both of these factors are in place.
I have had pre-flowers pollinated and produced seeds, so I'm not a believer in that "two weeks" of 12's statement.
When, how long ago, were the pictures taken?.. 'Cause they look like they have a LOT longer to go than 4 more weeks.."IMO".
"7 days into 12/12"... "4 weeks from harvest"..?? unless they are "auto" genetics, 8 weeks is minimum for flowering to maturity.
"I"... can't make out any staminate(male) flowers in those pictures.. :confused2:.

GodofGraphics said:
My two bagseed plants hermied... I believe... problem is they are 4 weeks from harvest and I lost 3 harvests in a row, previously, and I just want to harvest something soon. I'm willing to smoke male pot if necessary. Should I pull these hermied plants or let them run their course... depending on whether or not my other 4 are pollenated?

Help? Advise?

GoG If youve been through 3 harvests lost do to hermies maybe its time to get some real genetics and dump the bagseed....?

Most MP members believe bagseed genetics to carry the hermie trait and generally a waste of time... As you have witnessed 3-4 times firsthand already...

If you have open male flowers then you prob have pollenated females making seeds right now...

if you decide to finish this grow: DESTROY/THROW ALL SEEDS AWAY WHEN YOU HARVEST... THEY ARE WORTHLESS AND THE ROOT OF YOUR PROBLEMS...

IMO If your going to continue keep reading and invest in some Quality Seeds...

In reply to Hick and Jaam,
Thanks for the reply... I do appreciate the feedback.

Those pics are of the 4 newbie plants that just started to show signs of flowering... they are on day 7 in flower as of yesterday.

These four newbie plants are NYCD, WW, Train Wreck and Banana Kush.
Yes, you feel my pain now!

The bad girls were bag seed plants. I harvested what I could last night while I destroyed them with a vengence! (pic of hermie plant)

Question: Should I kill all 4 or can I wait and pick off the flowers that appear to be male?

Can I pick off all the sites with pistils now... or will it kill the plant? Will it make a difference once it's been pollenated?

Thanks again for the feedback... today is not going to be a good day for me in this department.

Hermie Pic.jpg

GoG

Heres what i would do: 1st place a plastic grocery store bag over all of the plants showing male flowers(so you dont stir up anymore pollen). 2nd Wash your hands change your outfit and remove the 4 plants your hoping to save to somewhere safe. 3rd Remove the plants with the bags on them(leave the bags on them and dont shake them alot). 4th Completely clean grow room with water bleach mix. 5th Rewash and change yourself again. 6th Spray down the 4 plants entirely from top to bottom with just water. 7th Take clones from the 4 ASAP.

Sorry been vapin all mornin and missed that the male was destroyed...

If the 4 you have are polenated then they will give you a pretty poor yield but you can take clones and not totally lose the strain...

Latest posts

Back