air pump help how much air?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimenezcdt420

tooth dr 420
Reaction score
what size air pump should i use to bubble up the water in 2 five gal buckets i was looking at them and they are measured in liter outputs ,i gave up on the aeropontic system and seen great sucess on the dwc way but with a fogger added it seems with a fogger i get better roots as i found out on the males i wasted my time on .now just females i have bought from attitude and they sent me 2 free ones a dinafem hash and a dinafem? but they are girls so no more time wasted on bag seed males. i was happy to see them germ in less then 24 hrs

This is the nicest, quietest pump I have ever owned and I got mine for $11. There is an adjustment knob for volume. Stay away from Wal-Mart Aqua Culture 2 outlet air pump as it is too weak.

I tried to work out how much they needed a while back (like you would when working out light for a room) but there are far too many variables to consider.
I am using 5gal buckets and try to pump 5 l/m into them. I think the rule of thumb is that you want lots of small bubbles rather than big bubbles and you want lots of them, so the top of the bucket looks like it is boiling.
Good luck & Green mojo. W

I have a commercial Active Aqua air pump that puts out 45 liter per minute that runs 3 5 gal buckets. It has a 6 port manifold and I run 2 airstones in each bucket.

woodydude said:
I tried to work out how much they needed a while back (like you would when working out light for a room) but there are far too many variables to consider.
I am using 5gal buckets and try to pump 5 l/m into them. I think the rule of thumb is that you want lots of small bubbles rather than big bubbles and you want lots of them, so the top of the bucket looks like it is boiling.
Good luck & Green mojo. W
From my research.... Small or big bubbles produce very similiar results as far as airation in the water... The transfer of air into the water does not occur until the bubbles actually "break" at the surface and create splashes.
I also use 2 stones in my 5Gal DWC... 1 produces very fine misty looking bubbles, and the other produces bigger blob type bubbles. I use cheap walmart aquarium pumps designed for 20 Gal. Fish tanks, and they have served me well...No problems what so ever.
Hope my 2 cents helps...Goodluck.

thanks alot people just want nice plants like i see in the journals as this is my second grow and i bought the beans from attitude fem beans only cause my first grow was bag beans and they all are males waste of nuts ...lesson #199 as i learn from here {bag beans suck eggs} LOL. so 2 air stones it is great..now om my knees praying to the mj gods for a great crop

Keep The Water Cold And Pump As Much Air Into The Buckets As Possible!use H2o2 And No Additives-they Help With Root Rot.

Latest posts

Back