Ak47/WW at 2 weeks, plus some mites?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My ladies are finally showing a good number of flowers, here they are at 2 weeks. I had some problems early on with nute lockout & deficiencies but everything seems to be sorted now. Everything looks green and healthy except some yellow lower leaves on one of the AKs, i'm thinking she just needs more N ? The others have no sign of yellowing and I think they stopped stretching so I am thinking of cutting further N for the rest.

I also noticed some bugs near the soil (Ocean forest) but they turned out to be Hypoaspis Miles, a predatory mite that eats fungus gnats, thrips and other pests. They hang out around the edges of my pots. At least that's what they looked like to me under the microscope.

I usually do a preventive watering with mosquito dunks and azamax in early flower but I don't want to kill off these little guys if they help my plants stay healthy. Am I right to let them be and keep giving nutes without the BTI/pesticide?

pic 010.jpg

pic 008.jpg

pic 002.jpg

pic 005.jpg

im still new to growing but this strikes me as very interesting, can you by chance get a pic of the little insects, even if its not a good mircoscopic pic, id still be interested to see whats going on around the edges of your pots

Yeah, yer girls look good. Its hard to tell anything about yellowing when seen under the HPS lighting though. It is nice to have the beneficial critters. I have many spiders in my grow, from small to large and they have been helpful for eating up the unwanted critters :)

sunakard2000 said:
im still new to growing but this strikes me as very interesting, can you by chance get a pic of the little insects, even if its not a good mircoscopic pic, id still be interested to see whats going on around the edges of your pots

unfortunately i don't have the means to get a close-up pic. these guys are barely visible to the naked eye, they look like tiny white specs moving around. you have to really focus to notice them. i only found out what they were under a 60x microscope. i also have springtails, both live near the topsoil and come up whenever i water. they are also beneficial for my garden cause their **** is nutes for the plant. i guess i have really healthy soil! must be the molasses.

pic 011.jpg

pic 012.jpg

Latest posts

Back