akiraHz's Super Micro SOG containment unit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more pics, had to make the intake hole a bit bigger, also added some foil tape to the bottom inside of the lid, and made the exhaust hole bigger for the fan and used tape to make a better seal. Temps while its been operating for about 3 hrs hover between 87F & 88F. Also zip tied and taped up every thing so its a little more orderly. Well what do you guys think? Think i can pull off a micro grow with LST'in? how does one go about finding out how many square feet im working with, and can anyone suggest to me if those temps are okay, and how many plants i should try to stuff in there. Also does anyone know if i would benefit by swapping out my soft white 26 watt bulbs (2700k) with some daylight 6500k bulbs? or should i have a mix of both? i can get a 23 watt 6500k and a 23 watt 3500k and also use a 26 watt 2700k .. now i would sacrifice some wattage by changing the spectrum up but is it worth it? I noticed the 6500K's are nice and blue, while the 3500k's are more white, and the 2700k's are kinda orangish

IM003537.JPG

IM003538.JPG

IM003539.JPG

1 plant wouldnt even fit in there let alone 4-5.Even if you LST.By doin 12/12 from seeds its gona stretch your plant ALOT,and evetually the plant will be to big,andf compact to fit in there.I wouldnt count on the "12/12 from seed,will induce females" theory either.

JMO.

Wise Man said:
1 plant wouldnt even fit in there let alone 4-5.Even if you LST.By doin 12/12 from seeds its gona stretch your plant ALOT,and evetually the plant will be to big,andf compact to fit in there.I wouldnt count on the "12/12 from seed,will induce females" theory either.

JMO.

Well this is a micro grow, im not going with full sized pots or full sized plants in there or anything, plus the strain is 80% indica.. ive seen many grows done with less space. Have you seen a 16oz cup grow? i may just use 32oz cups, maybe 5-6 or so, about 5-6 inches away from the lights. Some plants when 12/12'd will grow large, but the containment unit can have alot of impact on this.. smaller container.. smaller plant. But who knows maybe im wrong and it wont work at all, and were talkin total failure.. if not i just try try again i guess

Totally your call,good luck anyway.

With the spectrums.Daylight cfls are used for vegging,and the orangish ones are used for flower.So it would be better to use daylights at this stage.

Looks like you got everything planned out!:)
When are you going to get started?
GOOD LUCK:aok:
Dro:cool2:

Dr.Dro said:
Looks like you got everything planned out!:)
When are you going to get started?
GOOD LUCK:aok:

Ah soon as the seeds arrive, ordered em last wed. so hopefully next week some time :banana:

good luck buddy ill be keepin a eye on this micro i never did one im curious as to how its done and what the plants will look like in the micro box ,,and i also seen them 16oz cup grows and a copple of them plants were pretty good lookin still they were a little tall for ur grow space so like u said i guess ur gonna Lst ,,i do have 1 question tho why not go with just a little bigger box they sell plastic ones very simler to that 1 u got just a little biger and they are very cheap i think in the long run ull like it more with just a little biger box ,,but no matter what im glad ur doin this 1 id like 2 watch hope u all the best bud

Well bro, good start. I have a 45 gal. tote that i start seedlings in and i am just using the walmart 2ft grow light tubes and am gonna add some cfl's in there later. I also had to dosome ventilation with only the 2 20w floros. I used an old DELL fan and just hooked it to the side, i also just cut a hole in the bottom on the other side of the tote andthe temps dropped quick. I think you should be fine now with what you have. I also have been lsting the sprouts because my flowering plant isnt quite finished yet and i had ta keep em down a little. Anyway good luck, I am sure it will all work out.

Ah thanks fellas, i finally picked out some grow containers, some square ones to save on space, hopefully it helps a little with my height issue.

they are 25oz's

25oz-4.jpg

tom-tom said:
i do have 1 question tho why not go with just a little bigger box they sell plastic ones very simler to that 1 u got just a little biger and they are very cheap i think in the long run ull like it more with just a little biger box

I'm kinda stubborn about it right now is all, I'll probably end up buying one thats pretty big, but im workin with low space, see the tub sits in my closet real natural like, looks very much like its suppose to, no bright lights leakin out when its dark either, i dont think i could stuff a bigger tub in there, itd be too long for my little closet, plus i got other stuff in there besides the tub.

i wish i could change the title of my post since im not even doing a sog now, and its hardly super haha.

area.jpg

Try goin back to your first post,on this thread and try edit it.Put in your new title in the title bar and save..

Wise Man said:
Try goin back to your first post,on this thread and try edit it.Put in your new title in the title bar and save..

I tried that but it changed the sub title of the first post is all, less it takes some time to change the main one as well

good luck with the grow buddy, you may have to pinch and then pinch the branches too lol, this should be interestin, iam tuned, you got this!!!
keep it sticky!!! think about this, dude's growin like 4 plants in a pc case!!! go aki.

Dc

Nice little set up there. Are you doing SCROG with this?

For second there I did'nt know what the pic was intell I read your post, You got it really commoflauged.
Good Luck!:DHope you start soon it will be very interesting:aok:

audix2359 said:
Nice little set up there. Are you doing SCROG with this?

nah im actually not doing sog or scrog, id change the title and delete "super & sog & containment unit" but it wont let me fer some reason.

Just a micro grow, wont even know if ill get the chance to LST or not, depends on how long i veg, which probably will only be a few days, not sure on that one.. what do you guys think? flower straight from sproutling, or vegg em for like 3-5 days then flower? would it make much height difference?

akirahz said:
i wish i could change the title of my post since im not even doing a sog now, and its hardly super haha.
PM a mod and ask to change the title for you;) your setup looks good,good luck with the ladies

thats a nice grow box you have going on there cant wait to see some plants going lol ;):aok: i bet there is going to be some really nice plants.

What are the overall dimensions of the box? I have an 18gal tote here I am thinking of using for a micro, but mine is about 1.5ft x 2ft = 15000 lumens! That's a lot of lights! for such a small grow area :(

I was just curious to your dimensions because it seems like three might not be enough... or even 6?

if I used 23w @ 1600lumens each, that's almost 10 cfl bulbs to grow micro in the tub! :(

Latest posts

Back