ALL THE MEDICiNAL USERS !!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been diagnosed with a severe case of "Bi Polar Disorder" or "Manic Depressive"

I also have an extreme case of ADD. Marijuana helps me relax after a hard day at work. Without it, I keep thinking and worrying about work due to my one track mind, and eventually snap from all the pressure.

Believe it or not I get more done weeks I smoke than when I do not.

I am writing this to help anyone thinking about using medical MJ in CA.

I had not smoked pot in 30 years until I obtained my MMJ certificate in CA. I had tried everything to ease my chronic back pain/ spasms and neck pain. I tried muscle relaxers, Chiropractic, accupuncture, massage, accupressure, I have probably left a few out. It has been so many years of looking for help I can't remember all the help I have sought out.

Some may find this hard to believe, actually I can hardly believe it, on my first try with MMJ I stood up and I felt something in my back shift. It was almost painful. Something In my back shifted hard.

The pain that I had in my neck for years was beggining to go away. I sat in front of the TV and began stretching my neck. I felt my neck begin to loosen. I awoke the next morning with a loose neck.
My back shifted and adjusted and my neck loosened up for the first time in over 4 years. After one dose/ smoke of MMJ.

I hope this helps. This is the honest truth from me. I am an anti any kind of drug person. I won't even take Aspirin unless I really, really need it. So it is quite a stretch to take MMJ. I am glad I did it has helped faster than I ever thought possible.

i had a Cervical Spinal Cord Injury and as a result i have severe spasms. Traditional pharm's didnt work and since MMJ is not legal here i never knew it was an option. i was hanging out with friends and i decided to partake in the smoke session, only the 4th time i ever smoked & the first since my injury. i was completely without spasms for 3 days, it doesnt last that long now but i have been a medicinal user ever since.

i would prefer to not smoke cannabis but to extract the essential oils out requires too much bud so smoke it is. when i take a hit or two i get immediate relief.

all of the pharm. options available to me are harmfull to my internal organs on a long term basis as well as having a low LD 50 (a FDA term representing the lethality of a substance).

SSH

my "name" says most of it for me. I was dxed with multiple sclerosis in 1998. I can't explain the pain from my legs and back as spasticity is taking over my body. I am now being weened of morphine as I had a baclofen pump put in my gut a month ago. This is meds shot directly into my spine. The mj helps with almost everything and i sure hope my state becomes a mmj state in the future. God bless all the military men and women who suffer from there service. I am 100% service connected for my conditions and with mj I do not suffer as bad.:D

i have major depression, ptsd from the nam and schizophrenia, also from vietnam. my wife has ms.:cool:

Several reasons for me, listed in no particular order:

1. Damaged left knee, right hip, 3 locations on spine, neck, and right shoulder from 3 motorcycle accidents.

2. Cerebellar Tonsillar Ectopia (damage to base of skull and base of brain stem, also from the MC accidents). (Yes, I still ride.)

3. Diverticulosis (believe it or not, the MJ actually helps with this, cuz it makes all the salads oatmeal, and fibrous crap I gotta eat taste good).

4. PTSD (from the Nam), Depressive disorder, anxiety disorder. sleep disorder, addiction to and withdrawal from Lorazepam and a couple other niceties prescribed by the VA shrink.

5. Cavernous Angioma (a blood vessel in my brain that occasionally leaks blood, kinda like a mini-stroke.)

Probably a couple others that I'm forgetting, but the most important reason of all is, I'm an old pot-head. I toked up a storm in my youth, but I've been off the weed since about 1980 or so. I just recently had yet another falling out with the shrink and in a fit of frustration I bought a bag on the street for the first time since it was $20 an OZ. Just got fed up with trying to do things the 'right' way (read that as 'right wing' way). As was mentioned a couple other times, I noticed an almost immediate 'cure' from doin' the doobie on some of this stuff, particularly the pain, stress, anxiety, and sleep propblems. That makes it a LOT easier to deal with some of the other stuff.

BTW, I live in a Non-MMJ state, so I guess that puts me in the category of being a happy, healthy criminal.

insomnia, average sleep about 12 to 20 hrs a week, back pain, spinal nerve injury, loss use of left leg but regained use after teaching myself to walk again(2 months); knee pain , left knee is shot , degenerative bone dis. in thigh bone above knee, a few things more but that should be enough info for now other than was taking 20-25 (you name it),painkillers a day on top of wearing 75 microgram morphine patches and various other pills and now use mmj to battle all that. It works!

Wash. state med patient for chronic pain due to orig amputation of right fore foot. Body cast for 2 months straight type stuff due to rock slide and being buried from the arm pits down. Blown knees < one actually plastic from '76; date of orig injury> hips and lower back from right leg being 1 1/2" shorter than the left.
For me smoking is life with out some of its pain. Daily i rise at a 6 on most peeps pain levels.By noon its ave. is a 8+ for pain. I've learn many a technique but without meds i'm screwed~
Oh, almost forgot the 80mg of oxycotin thats a standard pain pharm~lol

Hi Everone
I'm new around here and I know these are old posts but I thought that I would jump in here to say hi, and to see if maybe I could get any advice or help that I can with the use of weed for chronic pain.
Heck after reading some of you guys/girls medical historys I feel pretty lucky.
OK so here is my deal. I injured my neck in a bad construction accident fighting with a piece of concrete, back in 2002. (The concrete won!)
I shattered three disks in my neck and ened up with severe spinal cord compresion. I was rushed into emergency surgery the morning after the MRI where I had a triple fusion. As soon as the morphine wore off the pain was incredible. It felt like I had a butter knife being stabbed into the back of my neck 24/7 for years.
I have since had multible proceedures, I have an implanted morphine pump and I have since been on every pain med and therapy imaginable. It's much better now but I still hurt 24/7
After having a heart attack and almost dying from all the side effects of conventional medical pain proceedure. About a year and a half ago I turned off the pain pump and decided to try to stick to the natural stuff. Like accupuncture, meditation, biofeedback WEED!
Like many I am sure, the main problem that I have had with trying to use learn to use marijuana for pain is cost.
Thus bringing me here, which is nothing short of amazing for people like myself. After many books and countless hours of research. I keep finding myself back in this site for hours at a time for months now!
It has been my #1 place for any questions that I have had about growing marijuana. It's almost hard for me to believe how much I have been able to learn just by reading from this site alone.
I can't thank all that make this site possible enough along with all of those that contrubute to it
With the help of this site along with a group of patients I have started conducting a strain specific study on the effects of marijuana on chronic pain.
Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.
Phase one of that plan it to learn how to grow the best weed possible and I know that I am in the right place for that.
THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS SITE!!!
Mike

:holysheep: Sorry guys/girls
I must have been really wasted. I just realized that I was back on the first page of this thread thinking that was the only page, when I wrote the above post.
That's what mophine does to me. Just one of the reasons why I have been trying really hard to get off that crap and replace it with good old natural weed.
What a goof ball. I knew that there had to be more of us around here, not to mention that the last post on the first page is from 2006.
It may take some of the pain away but it turns my brain into mush.
Mike

I'm really glad someone bumped this thread alive again.

I live with a vascular insufficiency that's already taken both my legs and reduced strength and facility in my hands. Was a horse trainer when I lost my legs, regrouped, studied a decade and became a professional calligrapher. Lost hand facility and regrouped again. Clicker training for service dogs--no strength needed, can do it from my power wheelchair.

Vascular pain is intense, plus I have many other aggravating medical conditions. I'm a veteran of some 40 major operations, plus heart attacks, stroke and embolisms. Was in hospice when declared terminal, but got kicked out when I didn't die soon enough. Color me THRILLED!

My doctor will give me pain scripts, but I can't stand the stuff--makes me all fuzzy headed and Zombie the next day. But Pot--ahhh, the sweet herb is my salvation.

I've always smoked pot since high school, a gazillion years ago, (I'm a boomer) but only the last few years have I found out how helpful it is for pain control and sleep.

It's like I'm holding pain in the palm of my hand, and it registers as pain, but it's not MY pain. I'm just sort of looking at it.

Now that I've smoked my first grow--thanks to all the great folks here who helped me get started growing--I'm so happy not to have to buy it anymore.
It's my salvation. I just cannot do heavy pharmaceuticals and still have any semblance of a normal life.

Motorcycle accident, older lady ran threw a light and T boned us, I was stuck between her grill n the bike, my wife was thrown 45 feet, and leanded with her head on a curb. I shattered pelvis, almost lost right leg before they reattached it, and had my knee's more less replaced.
My wife on other hand, broke her neck in three spots, and her back in five spots, crush pelvis, crushed shoulder blades. It been three years almost now, and were each lucky to be alive.
We each use it for sleep n pain, which it has cut back on the Oxi's. We are going to start trying to cooking with it soon, and see if it has the medicinal properties.

Greenfoxx's

Hey Stoney Your a hoot! I have a mystery disease,.. The doctors have accused me of having an eating disorder as I spent YEARS telling them the only "eating disorder I had was a Passion for food!" I have Nuerocardiogenic syncope, Osteoperosis P.T.S.D. times two! I have allergies to ALL KINDS OF FOOD! and don't seem to even absorb much of it any more! Doc's have treated me badly over the years! Ignoring a gluetin allergy I now am allergic to so much! Just three weeks ago the doc sat us down to tell us what my spirit has known for quite some time,... I am going to dye if they don't figure this out! We could tell you what it isn't! Aides Lupus (so they say) Luekemia,.. I'm trully getting tired of going through all the tests and the **! We just spent the past 7 months caring for the hubbies father a WWII Purple Heart Vet. He passed in October,.. doc said I'm dyin in November! So this is all really hard on the ol man! I am thank-ful for my Medical Marijuanna and I believe my family and friends are glad Im on it too! Lol! I got lots of room to pray for you and yours too stoney! Our best! Hang in there and Thanks for bein the kinda stoney that cares for someone else! Clearly Crystal

I obtained my CO red card to aid with knee problems from sports injuries, arthritis, and muscle spasms. I am also more of a caregiver, in which I care for 15 other patients, I know it helps me, but to see how it has helped the people I care for is amazing.

High all, I suffer from neck, shoulder,knee, and back pain, plus sometimes migraines. I also have stage 3 of 4 liver damage. The saw bones had me on Morphine Sul 30MG.,Hydroc/APAS 10/325, Oxycontin 10MG.,Flexeril 10MG., all at one time to cover up the pain. Yea, with my bad liver!!! With out the saw bones knowledge I got on Med.MJ. I asked saw boned to please change my scrip. We worked it out to where I received Methodone 10mg. 360 pr.mo. A few mo.s down the road I told saw bones that I was on Medical MJ and he kicked me to the curb. He did not like that. Well I don't see a new saw bones till 03/04/10. So (as fare as they know) I have no pain pills,and they don't seem to even care that I might be going through withdrawals. What pcs of poo!!! Now, I was able to take much less pain pill then prescribed,so I have a stash. The Dr.s are afraid of the fed.s and don't like to give pain pills. In the end, MJ has truly helped me deal with my daily pain. I am OMMP patient and organic grower. Power to the people!!! Green Blessings and peace out

I have: PTSD, Schizophrenia, Social Anxiety, and Major Depression. I have been on many psychotropic drugs over the last 40 some years and suffer the side effects of all. Currently I am on Effexor and Loxipine, neither of which is good!
My wife was diagnosed with MS seven years ago and is beginning to have trouble walking and standing. She has severe cramping and spasms in her legs.
Thank the good lord above for blessing us with such a wonderful plant!!

I LOVE MY COUNTRY, BUT FEAR MY GOVERNMENT.

Nerves, hypertension/ stent in heart. The pro's out way the cons. Very relaxing indeed.

>>>I've got chronic back, neck and leg pain. Years of hard work, housemoving (moving the whole house). logging, com. fishing (Hi.Ak.Wa.Or.and Cali.). Now the outside work I enjoy doing is growing my medical MJ and home garden. This may be my last year though, as pain is winning out. Green blessings.

Compression fractures on 3 vertebret on my lower spine,pinched nerve(but nothing really helps this),STRESS, adhd,insomnia,and an ulcer from all the painkillers for my back(mj helps with my appitite). now i take nothing but mj!

Latest posts

Back