Allergies in the flower room lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Silver Bullet Special

Reaction score
Okay so I have pretty bad allergies, I've been told by a family member that use to grow back in the 70's that being around a budding plant will set me on fire when it comes to my sinuses.

I've never had any allergic reactions to dried bud smells or the smoke. This one little plant I have in veg that's showing some ruderalis traits has a nice smell to it but sort of makes my allergies flare up a bit.

Is this because the plant is actually growing and possibly releasing something else other than the smell that reacts to my allergies. Could wearing one of those dust masks help with that?

Allergies wont stop me from doing what I want regardless, it would just make things easier without them lol.

I can't swear to this but I think its because the allergans are more fresh and potent. I have the same problem and when I spend all day in the grow room trimming a harvest I end up with a sinus headache. Unfortunately, for me smoking also affects my sinuses by drying them out real bad(cotton mouth of the schnozz, :doh: go figure). That is why I eat my hash more often than smoke it :)

My sister and I also both have allergies (she way more serious than me), but have no problems in the flowering room. Allergies caused by plant life is usually caused by pollen. I do not know what the plant could be doing that is causing your allergies to act up, especially a small ruderalis still in veg. I have no doubt that a dust mask will help. I wear one in crawl spaces all the time because of dust--LOL--I have abused my lungs enough in my 60 years without making it any worse unneccessarily.

My sister has allergies and is allergic to pot. If I smoke her sinuses clog up. She does not clog up if I vaporize. Go figure.

Its not the pollen it is the plant it self....My daughter is allergic to grass and it has no pollen.Fresh cut or not cut she has it bad all year round. Hope you get better. Try going to the doctors and ask for a allergy test and they should draw your blood and get you an list of what you are allergic too. I did and for my daughter and now she just takes med everyday and is fine enjoy going out to play in the grass. I hope this helps.

I am allergic to just about everything that crawls, walks or floats. Been that way my whole life. Fresh grass or animal dander sets me suffering, but it never stopped me from having cats or dogs (smile). Never been allergic to pot thank God... heh...

One thing that might help is to mist the plant or area with water when you go into the room. The misted water will knock the particles out of the air; which are small enough to get into your sinuses and piss them off. Its those particles which cause your body to generate histamines and they can't migrate when wet. Easier than a mask for me.

My nose runs every time i go in the flower room, the longer in bloom, the worse it gets. It is just me and the sniffles in there so it is ok.

Latest posts

Back