amazing idea-crossbreeding question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A most execellant question.
I am one of those folks that also loves to ask, "can it be done"? Anyone stating that something cannot be changed, altered, or bred, is in my opinion
simply lacking in any type of a formal education.
An instance of this is demostrated when someone states something that is not quite accurate.
Marijuana has succesfully been grafted onto a root stock of hops,(used in the fermintation of beer for flavoring). The downfall was that the resins could not cross. You guys might find this an interesting study.
I have enjoyed the results of a cross between a quince and a peach, and I'm willing to wager that non of the wonderful folks here have even seen or heard of this being accomplished.
We have 3 strains of marijuana, not the typical 2 that people are familiar with, (Sativa, Indica). Can anyone here mention the third one ?
For those that are curious the type is called Ruderalis. (Ruderalis is described as a near-wild or feral sub-species of cannabis. All the sub-species, sativa, indica and ruderalis, readily interbreed. Ruderalis is characterized by autoflowering--it produces flowers along the stems and branches based on life cycle rather than light regimen. Ruderalis is found along the northern plateaus of Russia and the countries to its east.)
Some interesting breeding is done with this species. I believe that someone somewhere sooner or later will cross some of the barriers that we have encountered, but it will be someone who doesn't believe in the can't be done scenario. IMHO
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

"Ruderallis isn't new to me..nor for a great many of the members here.
"Ruderallis"..roughly translates to "by the side of the road.." HEMP"..

Ever see a TRUE quarterhorse..?? :D

Thanks Hick,
You have faithfully restored me into the land of reality, and shown me that there are those that do get an education. I always thought that this place was happening, Now I'm sure of it.
A true quarter horse ? No . Where on earth did you find that animated gif. ?LMAO
But there are some interesting combo's like the jackalope, Ha-Ha How about
1. TurtleDove
2. Sheepdog
3. Bullfrog
4. Deermouse
5. Koalabear

Of coarse there are the real, and rare combo's like the Liger, Tigler, Tigons, and Leopons . But were getting into the wierd zone again.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

KingKahuuna said:
For those that are curious the type is called Ruderalis. (Ruderalis is described as a near-wild or feral sub-species of cannabis. All the sub-species, sativa, indica and ruderalis, readily interbreed. Ruderalis is characterized by autoflowering--it produces flowers along the stems and branches based on life cycle rather than light regimen. Ruderalis is found along the northern plateaus of Russia and the countries to its east.)
Some interesting breeding is done with this species. I believe that someone somewhere sooner or later will cross some of the barriers that we have encountered, but it will be someone who doesn't believe in the can't be done scenario. IMHO
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Yep the grow journals are jam packed with one rederalis that comes to mind.
"LowRyder" ;)
That is one freaky horse there Hick.:holysheep:

..a "Black 'n Decker" pecker...??

black_and_pecker.jpg

Now that is an efficient woodpecker :p
That beak mod cost him 10 lbs of grubs 5 lbs of ants at the local plastic beak surgeon. But will save a ton on asprin. :p

The black and Decker Pecker is just too funny, even moms laughed over that one.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

i jus got my bubbilicious seed the other day, ima grow it and cross it with a rose, instead of thorns buds will grow, or cross it with a sunflower,get 1 huge round bud, keep the males away dont want no seeds.

crafting doesnt mix genetics my uncle has a orange/lemon tree he crafted but it grows oranges and lemons.the lemons are sour the oranges are sweet,if any of this was possible it would have been done.were human!

BluntFullOfKush said:
i jus got my bubbilicious seed the other day, ima grow it and cross it with a rose, instead of thorns buds will grow, or cross it with a sunflower,get 1 huge round bud, keep the males away dont want no seeds.

Have you any idea as to wether or not they can be grown outside?

I've got a few beans and was also wondering, how many days they are in flower?

Maybe tarped they could be out!

???

LOL that waz a joke Oscar. But as far as the bubblicious im sure that would make a good outside atrain. It's not to branchy. Cross it with a rose bush. that would be fun, but i think ill have to wait till next year so i can get some clones from it then experment with it. i doubt if it will work but ims see what i can come up with.

Oi leave Toker311 alone there is such thing as a Spider-Goat see :eek:
spidergoat.jpg
:D

I was watching a show the other day, don't remember what show it was but they were grafting with various fruits to get these wierd fruit combinations. After all that's how the pink grapefruit we know and love was created. I'm not sure entirely how it works and I don't think you could ever get a true blueberry-mj cross with anything short of gene splicing; but, if you were to graft a stem onto a blueberry bush, I'd assume the process would be similar to cloning, you might be able to get a bud with blueberry qualities, but results can't be guaranteed and if you tried to clone that and you didn't graft it onto some blueberries it would grow just like normal bud because it doesn't change the genetics. The best way to go about it, since the blueberry is the sink of a blueberry bush and the buds are the sink on mj, would be to pick off all of the blueberries on the bush so the sugars and whatnot in a blueberry have nowhere else to go but into your buds. I'm no horticulture expert but from what I know it seems highly unlikely to work, but I'd love to see pics and a grow journal from that expirement if anyone is ever willing to do it.

Grafting does not cause characteristics of the stalk to become characteristics (phenotypes) of the branch. It's pretty simple if you read a little on the subject. Gene splicing is one of two possible ways to get a "cross" of two different types of plants (not strains of the same plant, but different types of plants)

The other way to do this, (although you can't try for something specific, you just get what you get) is mutation. Blueberry was developed by taking a mj plant that had the qualities it has and breeding for those qualities.

Much like a fish born with a huge tail fin (because of a random mutation) is able to swim away from predators faster, and therefore live longer and reproduce more fish with huge tail fins. Eventually all fish have huge tail fins.

Think of mj breeding just like Darwin's "survival of the fittest", except WE decide what is "fit", i.e. a blueberry taste is a huge tail fin.

But the original post of this thread is a great idea, and one I propose pursuing through purposeful mutations.

Well I know that ripley's has a monkey and fish thing but if you want me to gene splice then I will. Hold on I'll be right back with your Lemon. Now you said you wanted your lemon to have AIDS? So... lemon-AIDS? BRB....

I saw the goat and spider genetic alteration

that is truly amazing.

the strongest material.......our next kevlar. they want to develop it for the military for suits and yes, its coming from the GOAT, not the spider. Its a byproduct thats being refined out of the milk!

awesome.....but scary. Terminator seeds sold by Monsanto! I can't believe the people allowed this one.....check it out. there may be a time in the future were farmers will not be able to farm with "natural" corn seed. they will be dependent on corporations to buy their seed from.....all because people allowed corporations to patent life.

genetically altered foods are frightening. not jsut because of what your eating, and how they have to sicken the cells with viruses during the process, but also because of the unkown future crosses that come from what we've done.

There are now patents on genetically altered cows and PIGS. pretty soon a lot of products on shelves in the US will be un-natural

allgrownup - why be afraid of what nature has done on her own for years simply because man starts telling her to do it when we want her to?

do you think that humans always looked the way we look now?

and farmers do not grow from natural seed now. they buy their seed from huge corporations that genetically engineer the seeds. how do you think a corn field has plants that are all the same height?

and if you eat salads, i hope you don't mind eating CLONED plants. most lettuce in the world is cloned.

Genetically grown corn is illegal in the united states for the simple fact if it spread it could devistate corn crops around the globe

Latest posts

Back