America Is Still Spending Billions On Chasing Marijuana Users

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
America Is Still Spending Billions On Chasing Marijuana Users

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88_Rv5PO-Xk[/ame]

Journeyman Pictures

Published on Aug 24, 2016

Busted In Texas: The US spends billions on its border war. Now its chaotic drug policy is also costing a fortune, as border checkpoints snare not immigrants, but young Americans caught with small quantities of Marijuana.

"I've got a piece of advice for you. If you don't wanna get busted leave your dope at home. We are gonna bust you", Arvin, the local sheriff at the Sierra Blanca immigration checkpoint, says firmly. The checkpoint is on I-10, a highway that runs from California to Florida - a road that never even goes into Mexico. Not surprisingly, it doesn't catch many immigrants. Eight out of ten people stopped at the checkpoint are Americans. In the local police station they have 60,000lbs of seized dope, but most of it in small amounts. Processing these small busts is overwhelming local resources: their case load has gone up from 300 to 3,000 cases a year. "That little baggy of marijuana, you know how much that cost the state of Texas?" Judge Mike Doyle laughs. Now the federal government is cutting the funding that they receive to process busts at the checkpoint. So do they keep fighting a war on drugs that their own government doesn't seem keen on supporting? "With all the budget cuts in Washington, it's about to get a lot worse", Arvin insists.

The Center For Investigative Reporting – Ref. 5972

Journeyman Pictures is your independent source for the world's most powerful films, exploring the burning issues of today. We represent stories from the world's top producers, with brand new content coming in all the time. On our channel you'll find outstanding and controversial journalism covering any global subject you can imagine wanting to know about.

I've been reading so much about this lately; it's absolutely disgusting. Especially since prohibition was founded on a bunch of lies. It's like we're humoring some kid by pretending his imaginary friend is real. The DEA need to be served their walking papers.

Canna Welcome to MP !
One day we be free in Texas too !-- I'm 61 and never smoked a legal joint in my life !--

It's not so bad if U don't know any other way Burnin1 !-- but -- One day they gonna change the law --Tell me I can only have a couple plants or something stupid !-- After surviving prohibition what do U think the chances are that I'll obey the rules on plant count ? -- They made us learn to do stealth grows and hunted us like animals !-- Put us in jail by the thousands !--
Prohibition ends -- I'm supposed to roll over and play nice ?-- How about NO !-- I just stay stealth and do what I want anyway !--
Burnin1 --- Might be wise not to come to Texas traveling dirty !--

I always travel dirty. In Texas I take cannacaps and put them in with the other pills that I take.

I once took weed to Alabama. I took a quarter ounce or so. When I got to Alabama the weed looked like an ounce. Damn humidity made my stash swell up.

I have been smoking and often times growing over the last 42 years and have never been caught with it. *Knocks on wood*

This video is enough to make me not even want to drive clean in Texas.

Burnin1 -- People who are aware of the situation and are careful are usually O.K. !-- Biggest reason people get caught is someone talks --second reason is stupidity !-- U drive down the road burning one and have a lb. laid on the seat beside U !-- U get pulled over -U go to jail !

Latest posts

Back