Any ideas??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

louis

So, I've been out of work for a while, and I was just wondering if anyone knows a sure fire place to get hired? I have been told that I have until the 15th to prove that I have employment or else I'm out on the street with my pregnant girlfriend and our 6 green babys. Anyone at all? Tips? I don't care what it is.... Even Mcdonalds is ignoring me. :(

Yep. We go them all over the place, but they are (Not to be racist) flooded with mexicans. It's hard to get noticed when everyone is just trying to save a buck.

Well you gotta do what you got to do. If you're that desperate to get a job then **** it up and go over there and see if they can help you.

Good luck.

Thanks. And trust me, I've been there before. Got there at 5:00 A.M. and they still won't work me. It's a shame, and trust me, I've been to more then one.

Louis 2 bits of advice.

1. If you want work, you can get work. Straight up. You might try looking for a job in a field either always hiring new people or always in need of workers, such as night shift work, factory work, the list goes on and on

2. Agencys arnt a great way to go. They might find you a job for a while, but in my experience a lot goes with working for an agency you might not want in your life.

good luck to you man

Ok, what about the employment ads in the paper?

Does your girlfriend work?

No. She is gonna be working as soon as the baby is born, and I have poor work history, so most people tell me to buzz off..... One store told me to quit calling them, they don't want me. I thought that was kind of rude.

Ok then write yourself a CV, and send a letter of application to as many potential employers as you can

Ok even though I don’t like your racist remark about Mexicans. Let this Mexican help you out and give you a good idea.

The first thing you need to do is change your resume and make up companies you worked for.

Then tell some of your friends that have cell phones to change their voice mail to the company name they are representing for you.

Just make sheer that they know all the info you put on your resume. Trust me, you can get a really good paying job like this. I have more then one friend that I have done this for and now they make good money.

Thanks, I never even thought of that. that wasn't a racial slur though, just a fact about the south. I have nothin against mexicans, just havin trouble getting a manual labor job. :p

One of the many great things about this nation, is that you have an opportunity to be rewarded for creativity, motivation, individuality, knowledge, discipline and so many other attributes.

people are getting the freedom to choose their own hours, earn incentives on top of salaries, bonuses, and then recieve retirement and benefits, just based on the above items.

Employment is not that difficult. Now getting a J.O.B. might be.

Think of it like a target. The bullseye will represent a category of highly paid individuals with skills that are so valuable that they can name their own price and are sought after, the next ring will represent a person with skills in demand and thus will be well rewarded. As the rings expand out farther the number of people capable of performing those tasks increases. The farthest rings represent those of "incompetence" and "ignorance". Mostly those looking for a free ride. Should society reward those with no information/knowledge/skill to offer? Don't misinterpret my post and think i'm an uncompationate prick. I"m not, I have a big heart, thats why i'm posting something to think about instead of posting your local fast food chain, or franchise of choice that prey/exploit the outer rings of society, i just want to give you another perspective.

its kind of a poor analogy but my point is this. Those in the inner rings have got to where they are persuing passions. Those passions have led to carreers or in turn became carreer's. What are you passionate about? If J.ust O.ver B.roke is for you, then just walk around asking random people to hire you, or better yet, lie and decieve a person into thinking you have something to offer them!

Start thinking what it is you want to achieve. What's important to you? Is it the pay? The freedom? A J.O.B hasn't worked for you in the past. You need a career my friend. You need to be excited about where your leaving your family to go during the day. Give yourself one last chance while you can and pursue a career.

Now if you really want help, post some relative information that would give the MP members a better idea of what you like doing. We'd be more than happy to make suggestions of where and how to meet the right people to get you a carreer.

deception does not work!!!!
kissin tail DON'T work (unless in a political enviro...which sucks donkey well ya know)
Employers want fresh minds easy to train....we are all whores tryin to sell our selves. ;)
listen to NIN "head like a hole" holds more truth than you know....on a a tangent....

Here it is...be honest...tell em truthfully what you want as best you can. don't flatter, don't kiss up...just tell em what you have to offer. ask them what they have to offer. thats it. they see through all the other bull...been through 50 before ya...lokkin for something real...if not...you don't want to work for em.

this one has got me....
the #1 thing for an employer...if your gonna say your gonna do it...better be done when you said...if not tell me up front. No bull just truth..lies cost money. ;)

louis said:
So, I've been out of work for a while, and I was just wondering if anyone knows a sure fire place to get hired? I have been told that I have until the 15th to prove that I have employment or else I'm out on the street with my pregnant girlfriend and our 6 green babys. Anyone at all? Tips? I don't care what it is.... Even Mcdonalds is ignoring me. :(
I will say the easiest job i ever had was starbucks.Its easy to learn how to make drink and easy to look like a master.They also really help u with needs like scheduling and such.Good luck with your search.

Sometimes you have to lie a bit to get the job you want. The job industry is a tuff one out there. As long as you don’t hurt or rob anyone to put a roof and food on the table for your family.

I am a heard worker. I started my own business. For that I Wouldn’t have to worry about where my next paycheck is coming from. I Failed when it came to working for other people. I always worked hard but would only last 1yr at a job. Then I would quit. They always offered me more money to stay but I just did not like the idea of makeing someone els rich.

Do what you have to do to feed your family. I would give my life for my kids and wife.

Thanks

Telemarketers with hire just about any body that can fog a mirror. Not much fun for long, but better than being on the street. Then you can take the time to do what Allgrownup said. Find out what you are passionate about. What would you do for free all day long, then find a company that has that type work or start your own. Good luck in your search

Ever hear of this term "beggars can't be choosers"

i own and run a business, and have several employees.

Im the one that hire and fire people. Most people in my position
are not as dumb as you think we are. Sure lie all you want on your
resume and references. But during your interview, you better know
what you lied about and know it well. Because every potention employee
i interview, i get on the internet and do a little researching and ask
specific questions. Dont stumble over your words and say alot of " UMM 's"
and looking like you are thinking of your words. Believe me. there are
tell tales signs of someone lying.

just to let you know.. IM opt to hire the not so bright honest straight forth
person, that is willing to learn and try. Over someone that thinks
that they know it all, and they are doing me a favor asking for a job.
Just be straight up, and tell who ever, why you want the job and how
important it is to you and your williness to learn and be part of the team.
Believe me, you know when someone has the desire and passion and the want.

BTW: if employer ever ask you how you would handle anything.
Just make sure you use the word "assertive".

I dont understand, why you need to have a job to keep your residence?
You made it sound like, its a term of a lease, that you need to be employed
to have residence. OR do you mean you need a job to make money
to pay the rent??

im not here to lecture you, but you need to make ends.. Do what you have to
do, **** up your pride and do for you and your family. IF it means working
at Mcdonalds, so be it. I dont condone leeching the system, but if im paying
my tax's for it you might as well use it.. Tell your girl to go to Social service and get all the she can get, whether it be welfare and WIC program.

Goodluck..

and sometimes life has to give you lessons of hard knocks in life, just
stay strong and positive and always have hope..

Hey Louis,

Have you checked out your local moving companies? I am in the middle of a move and they have always been short a guy or two at both ends of the move. I have used emove.com....there are listings for moving co. all over.
Best of Luck to you,
LuLu

Thanks for all the advice everyone, for the time being I have aquired a job washing dishes for a Seafood place.... Soon to have to leave ya'll for a while when I go into the military. Things are starting to look up. :D

Latest posts

Back