Any pumpkin growers out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4u2, What brand of Giant pumpkin seeds did you grow? Does it matter what kind of poo, horse, cow or chicken?

lol forcing monkey lovin on the poor virgin.. the bees could have popped her cherry mom...

MJ Child said:
4u2, What brand of Giant pumpkin seeds did you grow? Does it matter what kind of poo, horse, cow or chicken?

It's always wise to start at the front and read the whole thread before you ask questions about "pumpkin brands";) Just bustin' yer balls chief:cool:
The source of the seed is what makes the thread holms..

That is cool SM! Here's something fun to try. Once the pumpkins get bigger than a softball, you can take a big nail and carve initials or a message on the pumpkins skin and they will scar over the lines and stay there until harvest. I put my grandkids names on 4 of them last year. All during the summer , they got to check them out. It was cheap fun! You could really surprise your friends with colorful slogans and images. Use your imagination. I trained mine up a wire support. I can't show you the pic here, cuz all my gardening friends on another site will know who benny really is. PM me if you want to see it.

Here's a few new ones even tho its not Friday yet.

The patch is growing by leaps and bounds! I think the tickest part stands about 2 1/2 feet tall. Some of the leaves are just huge, and the 3 areas of plants look like will merge very soon. :D

I also included a pic of a couple babies.

MJ Child said:

:ciao: MJ Child...I am a member of the Giant pumkin patch...we swap seeds and or buy them at the fair..they all come from 1000 pounders or better..the seeds are the size of quater USA...and as for the poo..I use Cow and Black Mushroom compost..and then use Teas for feeding..be carfull with the chicken crap..its very hot and High in "N" if its not old it will burn plants..I try and stay away from that..and when it takes...Water..water..water...the last few weeks will take up to 100 gallons a day to feed..its a thing to watch my friend..enjoy and if i can be of any help please ask..Until then take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

4u2, thanks for the insight, I was looking at the giant pumpkin seeds at a local seed shop and was intrigued by them. It sounds like it takes a lot of work for the giant pumpkins, but well worth it.

You definately have some awesome friends there...that is great!!! I am toying with some pumpkins, watermelons, and muskmelons this year but dont know enough about them to offer you any advice as of yet, but i will be following this thread for my own knowledge....good luck

Forgot to post yesterdays pics. Its amazing the growth in just the last 2 days. Some of the leaves are HUGE!

They are really starting to take over. :D

Do you think I can grow a pumpkin in a 16 gal plastic bucket? They have these at costco and I thought if I made up some soil and filled this bucket. Toss in a few pumpkins I bought at the store, and have some pumpkins for the kids. Also what would be a good mix for the soil. Thanks in advance.

rayjay- I have no idea. This grow is a complete fluke. We burried pumpkins last year and I never expected anything to come up this spring. Private message 4u2smoke, I bet he knows.

ray jay said:
Do you think I can grow a pumpkin in a 16 gal plastic bucket? They have these at costco and I thought if I made up some soil and filled this bucket. Toss in a few pumpkins I bought at the store, and have some pumpkins for the kids. Also what would be a good mix for the soil. Thanks in advance.

Hello my friend..no need to PM me im here:giggle: IMO pumkins need a wide root area...the Pumpin root system spreds out not so much deep..Im also a Big experimenter..so I say try it and have you own opinion to share with us..but in my honest opinion it wont bare fruit..Good luck..and keep me posted;)

:ciao: smokemom....when are you watering? best to do eartly morning..so the water is off the fan leafs...on real hot days the leafs will wilt and look like they need water..DONT!! This is normal.. water the next morning or that evening..watering when they are wilted down in the heat will ruin the plant..just my thaughts..all tho clouded with :bong: resadue

Here's the latest. Wow, talk about growth. Hard to remember that just a few weeks ago these were 3 seperate little skinny vines. :p

Some leaves are even bigger then the 1 my hand is on. Some are HUGE!

Wonder how many pumpkins we will get.

Thanks for the watering tip, 4u. :D

Thanks for reading.

Good luck with ur pumpkins, and 2 evryone else Good luck on ur Mj's

SmokinMom said:
Here's the latest. Wow, talk about growth. Hard to remember that just a few weeks ago these were 3 seperate little skinny vines. :p

Some leaves are even bigger then the 1 my hand is on. Some are HUGE!

Wonder how many pumpkins we will get.

Thanks for the watering tip, 4u. :D

Thanks for reading.
U got it going on with those pumpkins, GREAT JOB!:holysheep:

Latest posts

Back