Any pumpkin growers out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well damn, completely disregard that pic, I just found one that was bigger. Wow, this is unreal. I have a feeling my patch will be ready a while before Halloween. :p

The leaves look mottled, anyone know if its normal? I wonder if its a deficiency of some sort. I think I need a few more bags of manure.

And the ugly dead leaves...leave them or pick them?

Thanks.

:D

Looking good SM! Keep an eye out for powdery mold on the leaves and watch out for squash vine borers. They are nasty when it comes to the vines. Look it up. Have you put anything under the fruit, like cardboard or straw? They can rot if left sitting on wet grass. Counted them yet? You may not have to mow that lawn in a few weeks, lol. Have you carved any letters in any of them yet? I want one with this on it:D You know you want to.

I just planted a couple sugar pumpkin vines. The garden store had all their veggies on sale for 78 cents. 4 of them followed me home, including a Serrano HOT pepper

looking good Mom..:ciao: they will be ready just leave them on the vine untill ready to pick...and like 420benny said..i like to place 2 inch stirofoam under to help keep the pumkin from rotting on the side..another thing try and stand one up right it will feed the pumkin better..and carve you name in one now..not deep just cut the first few layers of skin..as it grows it will form the name..really cool stuff..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

The pumpkin patch has grown since the last time I saw it! Looks fantastic. Great job Mom! :) Keep us posted. Take care and be safe. :)

Hey SM! I was just looking at the pic you posted about kids or canines playing. Well, that vine looks just like one that had a squash vine borer problem. You need to follow the vine with your hand to where it attaches to the main stalk. There will be sawdust looking stuff where the larvae is. Please google this. It could be disastrous for the whole plant.

okay i was going to tell you "it looks like they dont need any help" until i read the rest of the thread, what i ment to say, is, looks like you will need to be mowing

420benny said:
Hey SM! I was just looking at the pic you posted about kids or canines playing. Well, that vine looks just like one that had a squash vine borer problem. You need to follow the vine with your hand to where it attaches to the main stalk. There will be sawdust looking stuff where the larvae is. Please google this. It could be disastrous for the whole plant.

Eeek!!

I just went out and looked and couldn't find anything that looked like saw dust. I'll keep checking.

I have however, seen our lil dog running along the fence line right there. I think, and hope he's the only culprit.

SM, is the plant any worse? Maybe your dog did damage the vine and you may be fine. I hope so.

the dog tinkle on em? :p You ganna make some pumpkin pie momma? I love that stuff...not dog pee...the pie;)

I think the growth is beginning to slow, and its not producing as many flowers as it was. I guess now all the energy is focused on the existing pumpkins. Anyways, here are the latest pics. The baby pumpkin I picked 5 days ago and is quickly deteriorating in this 100 degree heat. :p

Thanks 4 lookin'.

Latest posts

Back