Anybody grow Mushrooms from Spores?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

key2life

Reaction score
Not those! - You know, Portobello, Chantrelle, Morel, etc?

Is it as easy as it sounds?

Thanks, and peace

:icon_smile: key :icon_smile:

I think there are a couple peeps here that either grow them or hunt them. I have only done the magical kind. I don't like regular mushrooms.

Gots some growin out the rottin wood of the outhouse but dont reckon I be suckin atem any time soon ;)

BWD

i have done it it is pretty easy and if you do it right you can get alot of mushrooms off them. not real cheap compared to the price of mushrooms in stores but you can try varieties you will never find in stores

Yes. Its super easy.

Scrape the spores into water, suck up into a syringe, then inject spores into substrate. Let colonize. Eat resulting mushrooms!

Thanks, MentalPatient and DH007 - I may try some out this year.

Appreciate the help!

Drifter, don't be such a Nancy - have at 'em! :rolleyes:

key2hwy said:
Thanks, MentalPatient and DH007 - I may try some out this year.

Appreciate the help!

Drifter, don't be such a Nancy - have at 'em! :rolleyes:

Naaaa smell like poooooooo ;)

BWD

If you have any questions, I can probably answer whatever you're wondering.

If you're going to grow mushrooms, you may want to buy a few things before-hand such as rubbing alcohol (for sterilizing) and a glovebox (to keep things from getting contaminated while you're working), some rubber gloves, disposable syringes, jars, and a fruiting chamber (where the mushrooms will grow). This is all for indoor cultivation only. Outdoors I've never done...Popular belief is that you need cow dung to grow mushrooms, but that is false... Mushrooms will grow on many substrates that contain the nutrients they want.

Thanks, MentalPatient - appreciate it!

Was planning to try them outside if I end up trying them.

Probably just give it a whirl and see what comes up!

Peace,

A good site/forum you could visit is hxxp://www.shroomery.org/forums/.

interesting thread---i actually have a meeting in a couple weeks with a guy who is gonna give me the inside scoop to growing mushrooms for our local economy---it's my understanding that the chantrell is difficult if not impossible to grow in a controlled environment---we will see :hubba:

Thanks, MentalPatient for the link! Very nice! :cool:

OrangeSunshine, if you think about it, maybe you could dig this thread up and share some interesting stuff you might learn. Sounds cool! :D

Peace,

I buried morel spores in the mulch under my apple trees. About three years later started getting crops every spring in May.

Haha! Took 3 years eh? You probably could have grown the mycelium indoors in jars and sort of 'transplanted' the mycelium into the mulch. You probably would have seen results in weeks compared to 3 years!

Latest posts

Back