Anybody try QB, white leds..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devile

Reaction score
There are many kinds of white leds like Gavita Led, Fluence, Mars SP , UnitFarm684, did you try any of them? Any suggestion about how to choose them?

There are a couple here that are using the fluence LEDs, I am using a white light led system made of Samsung LM561 diodes called solstrip...i don’t know what chips other makers use but these seem to work well for me and because they are assembled on strips, you can spread the coverage to fit your space...add as many strips as needed, 48watts/per strip @ $20/per strip...plus an appropriate driver...

There are a couple here that are using the fluence LEDs, I am using a white light led system made of Samsung LM561 diodes called solstrip...i don’t know what chips other makers use but these seem to work well for me and because they are assembled on strips, you can spread the coverage to fit your space...add as many strips as needed, 48watts/per strip @ $20/per strip...plus an appropriate driver...

Most of QB use Samsung chips, Unitfarm 684 white leds use Cree&Osram chips; Mars SP uses Epistar chips. From the growing video , both leds can work well. Did you know the difference between different chips: Samsung, Cree&Osram, Epsitar ?

I have a couple of 40 w Sansi lights I found on Amazon. VERY bright and my LUX meter also reflects the huge amount of light. I know... use PAR meter. :) However, my plants are sure responding to it's full spectrum light that included an amount of green, as well as the red and blue as well. It shows pure white, no purple, just white. Since it's in my living room it is a welcome light compared to our 2 other LED lights that gave a sort of purple cast to that area.

Here is an interesting read about plants - light and how they are affected by dawn and dusk light as well as decreasing amounts of light due to earth tilts through the year and seasons. https://growmag.com/grow-files/circadian-rhythms/

Sansi lights are online, but here is the Amazon link to read a bit more about them... https://tinyurl.com/yxdhlz39
If you look at the link at Amazon, and click the left hand images there is a light spectrum graph. Blue (400-499nm) @ 19.46% ; Green (500-599nm) @ 37.7%; Red (600-699nm) @ 36.23%; and Far Red (700-780nm) @ 6.61%

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back