• If you cannot log in please check out this thread After Upgrade Notes. or use the Contact Us at the bottom right corner of the main forum page.
Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Anyone cure in 5 gal buckets ?

billyran

Reaction score
I have been growing indoors about a year now and every harvest is bigger than the last. I was curing in glass jars when plants were only two or three ounces each but now my last smallest one was eight ounces and I had a few plants.
That is way to many glass jars for me , so do any of you cure in food grade 5 gallon plastic buckets ? I am trying one now with eight ounces and a large Boveda pack and a gamma seal on it. It has a lot of extra room in it , not sure if that is a good thing or bad.
Also trying about the same weight in a large mylar bag.
I have been storing in freezer bags in freezer after the cure but not happy with either.
I like the idea of bucket for cure and storage but lots of static involved.
Just an old man that don't know squat looking for ideas.
Thanks

Lesso

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
A few people on here cure in plastic totes. I dont see why a bucket wouldnt work. I would say storing in the freezer is not a good idea. Unless youre making hash with the frozen material. I have used large mason jars with a bovedas for long term storage. Ive had it up to a year or more and works great.

Latest posts