Anyone else hate Panda film?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain1

Reaction score
As I sit here in my room im laughing .... Looking at how bad of a job I just did fighting a 100 foot roll to only need 20'. Im thinking to myself why didnt you just paint the freakin walls man! Once I realized that my wonderful job was done I looked and realized it had to come down. It was cutt wrong and the bottom was so far off I have to re cut it. So dont let me feel like a dumb dumb what else have you had problems with. Ill read as I re-staple....

Sorry to hear bro. I use it myself and find it infinitely useful, especially when you need a wall where there is none. It can be a pain to work with, but it's cheap. The only complaint I can think of about it is that eventually it scratches and light can get through.

The one thing I hate is the thin (one mil, I think) mylar. The thicker (three mil?) and subsequently more expensive is the only way to go.

We love the stuff and never have problems. Hope ya get it worked out. ;)

Well, I can't say that I've ever had problems installing the stuff as I'd never heard of it 'til I read this post. But you can feel good about turning a brother on to the stuff. I've been researching it a bit online and it sounds great! I've always just used a titanium white base paint, but the claimed 90% relectivity of Panda film smokes paint! Snax thanx you! :)

~Snax (He Who Lurks)

i use a spray adhesive and a clean paint roller.....spray the board, then use the roller to smooth it out starting from the center outward....i'll admit it is a pain and i also found myself wondering the same thing...why did'nt i just paint....

I use one of those gift wrapping tools to cut it....the kind with the razor built into it for cutting wrapping paper....it works great compared to scissors...

Ham, what a GREAT tip! I use Panda Film too, and love it. Mine is thick enough that I don't have a problem cutting it, but I love the idea of the gift wrapping tool!

THANKS!!!

be sure and roll up the ends where you staple, at least three times. THen I secure it with duct tape or gorilla tape. Then I staple. Works for a long time if you don;t trip over a cord and take the whole wall down when you are working in your room.

Also, I like to have at least a foot of extra on the floor, this prevents undercutting.

That stuff is 10' across. unroll the length of the wall, cut, unfold and secure to the ceiling.

You want your plants around the edges of your room to be as close to the walls as possible to allow as much positive reflection as you can squeeze out of it.

I'm with ya on the P I T A to cut it to size, especially if you don't have a large open space to deal with it. BUT I love the stuff too. I have a local hydro store that sells it off the roll by the foot x 10' and I'll often buy it in the size I need.

It's the best bang for your buck by far for reflectivity, light blockage and when used on the floor it's an amazingly resilient and tough covering that can save a floor from ruin: "I thought YOU were watching the pump!" :eek: If you grow in soil and have a 5 gal bucket of water get knocked over or if you do hydro and have the inevitable mishap when pumping nutes and water during res changes it will save your floor from getting saturated. I can't tell you how many times we had major amounts of liquid on our grow room floor and since we put a double layer of panda film on the floor and taped it down 6" up the wall it would hold the spill like a swimming pool liner... :rolleyes: Wet vacs are pretty handy in the grow room too.... :p

Here I was wondering who hated the Panda film, I liked it. Was kinda corny but then it was a cartoon.

there you go...have another bong hit....learn something new every day.

in edit, I'll bite, how many Ozzy?

I was just having a moment with it by myself I have helped others with it and had no problems. It was funny (guess you had to be there) knocking over buckets hitting my head on my lights, dogs going nuts because of the sound it makes ect...

LOL--have you ever tried to hang mylar? Compared to mylar, Panda film is a walk in the park.

LOL...I'm with you TC, I thought this thread was about a disney movie er something...kung fu panda. I've never even seen panda film, but i know I hate mylar!

Latest posts

Back