Anyone ever use Azatrol Insecticide?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7thG

Victimless Criminal
Reaction score
I went to the Hydro store looking for something to remedy the fungus knats. The problem isn't even that bad. I just did a little work on my plants and didn't see one. Sometimes usually after I water I will see one or two(I kill any knat I see). But, I've been told they could be in the soil messing with my roots. I was going to get Azamax but it was expensive and the guy suggested this stuff. Im a little nervous to use it because there's a bunch of warnings about touching or breathing it. I'm thinking about just putting it up and saving it for when I really have an infestation.
I was also wondering if it can be mixed into my nute solution.
It just seems like some pretty serious stuff for such a minor problem.

I cant post the same picture in two threads so if you want to see a picture of the box its in my journal.

never used it but honestly after using a few products NONE of them worked as effectivly or as quickly as Azamax, yes its expensive but then again you get what you pay for and personaly id rather pay more to insure the bug problem is taken care of, even fungus gnats are no joke, if allowed to get to high populations they will wreck your plants, idk thats just me but from what iv tried in the past the Azamax was worth every penny.

I think you told me in my journal that you also applied it as a foliar spray. From the label it seems dangerous to handle. Would it be dangerous to handle my plants after applying it? Also, if I don't see any knats flying around should I still use it?

It works ok but avid is awesome!

you dont have to have a safty suit for it ...just cut the fans and spray hold yer breath n let it sit overnight w lights off.

I noticed i have Gnats also. I can peck on the pots and they come out the drain holes.
Im gonna check avid and azamax out.

honestly you would have to compair the directions for use of both what you have and azamax to see if its truely the same or close to it, i believe it is but not 100% sure. also yes i did a foliar application and a soil drench, although i had Thripes and Fungus Gnats so the soil drench was for young stage thripes and gnat larvae, and the foliar spray was for the adult thripes, if all you have is gnats then just follow the directions for how much per gal of water for a root drench and go for it...

I have never had gnats, but I seem to remember that diatomaceous earth on the top of the soil will deal with them. If so, this would be a lot safer than any kind of insecticide.

If its only gnats stick to what thg said...if its the borg- stick to avid....

A little more info to those interested.

bottle.jpg

drench des..jpg

soil.jpg

hydro des..jpg

hydro.jpg

sprasy.jpg

spraychart.jpg

Hey THG (or anyone else), would perlite work instead of diatomaceous earth? The guy at the Hydro store said he keeps his plants pest free by putting a layer of perlite on top of the soil. He said he also uses smartpots so I guess with that combination your medium is completely sealed from bugs. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I applied D.E to the tops of my pots and also scattered some around on the floor.
I then started tapping the pots and a few gnats came out and started crawling in the D.E scattered on the floor.
To my amazement, they never got airborne anymore !!

Latest posts

Back