anyone get a sulfur smell for the runoff???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headband

Reaction score
so my little baby which i threw into flowering as been having problems during veg, now flowering. The lower leaves just yellow up and dye off every few days. During veg i had a watering problem, didnt even know it was under or over watering, but once i took her outta the veg room and threw her under the hps, she perked back up. Shes growing and flowering and all but almost every time i water her, the water that comes out smells like sulfur. What do you guys think this could be. Im thinking about taking her outside and flushing her for a good 20 min, but i want to know if anyone has had this smell before? it cant be good for the plant, as its telling me something still isnt right... whats the best thing to get the plants soil to dry quickly??

sounds like you have made your soil toxic to the girl... over ferting, maybe?... at any rate, it is evidencing itself in the plant, you say... so deffinitely a flush is recommended... but, I wouldn't just run some tapwater thru the plant for 20 mins... you will give it a severe case of shock, and you are already flowering, so you want to reduce the shock you deliver. simply just keep running room temperature, straight PH'd water thru the pot until the runoff starts coming out clear, more or less. just put the pot in the bathtub and start dumping water thru it and pay attention to the runoff.

What about drying after the flush what's a good idea?a space heater close by?
Bathtub Is a great idea I was gunna take her out side and us my filtered water. Its foxfarm and there's great drainage. Pretty sure i can fix her up, even with this problem shes got some nice resins smelly buds I just want to make her in the optimal condition which the soil isnt.

well you could have had an overwatering problem before, the extra lumens dried out the pots better than the flos and then the problem was helped but as soon as u starting watering heavy agian since the soil problem wasnt fixed before then a buildup of fert would have occured because of unproper feeding between waterings leading to the smell in the soil now. fox farms is good but not by itself imo.... flush is always the first thing u do if u feel theres a buildup but the problem might be in the roots themselves already, thats all i fear.

hope they pull through and yeild great for ya!

to help dry them out after the flush...

you want to direct the fan blowing air around the room to blow directly above the pots now... this will help to dry them out bigtime. and have it under the lights like normal...HID's most preferably... something that throws off a lot of heat... have it in the 80's in there.

I flushed her today about ten gallons. Hopefully I just didn't create a new problem but I think she'll be fine. The water is clear as before it looked like yellow brown piss. Thanks guys I'll let you know the progress on her.

Latest posts

Back