Anyone?????help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prosport00

Reaction score
I am treating a mg deficiency with epson salts. Do I need to change water or add epson to hydro bucket with nutes?????? THANKS

Imo, you will be fine by just adding and making sure it's mixed well befor it circulates. Just turn off the pump untill it's mixed well.

I grow in soil but when I used to use epsom salts I would put a little warm water in a gallon jug and add the salt. The salt will disolve in the warm water and then I just fill up the rest of the jug and water the plants. You def dont want to just dump straight salt crystals into your setup.

I used to mess around with epsom salt until I found Cal Mag.

prosport00 said:
I am treating a mg deficiency with epson salts. Do I need to change water or add epson to hydro bucket with nutes?????? THANKS

You can mix with nutes if you are using right away.

I doubt you even have a mg def....

soil:cool:

I think you should mix the epsom salts in with your nutes as you are using them for nutes and they count in your PPMs. I, like maineharvest, use Cal-Mag for mag deficiencies.

soil2 said:

YOU CAN TELL ME THAT WITHOUT SEEING A PICTURE. WE CAN ALL USE YOUR INSIGHT!

soil2 said:

I was wondering how you would be able to tell without seeing pics of the plant also?

prosport00 as THG said add it with your nutes and count it in your PPMs, All you are doing is adding what your nutes are lacking at the moment so you need to consider it with your PPms.

What nutes are you using? any pics of the plants?

Are you sure it's a Mg "deficiency" and not lock-out? Too much Ca will lock up Mg like crazy. I know--I did it. I went overboard with blackstrap and started adding a Ca/Mg supplement as well. Got me some text-book Mg deficiency symptoms. I flushed (I realize you're hydro) and backed waaay off on both the molasses and the Mg/Ca and the problem went away. I'll blow you current pics of a male that's doing it right now if you wanna see it.

maineharvest said:
I grow in soil but when I used to use epsom salts I would put a little warm water in a gallon jug and add the salt. The salt will disolve in the warm water and then I just fill up the rest of the jug and water the plants. You def dont want to just dump straight salt crystals into your setup.

I used to mess around with epsom salt until I found Cal Mag.

GOING TO GET CAL MAG TODAY. I am just switching from dirt to hydro but still have a few in dirt as a back up. Thanks for your imput

If it were my first hydro grow i would certainly take notice of what Pencilhead is tellin ya PPms may be low as well ? Calibarated ?

Got some cal mag and a tds meter. If you are growing in buckets, I cannot tell you how important a tds meter is. I paid 30 bucks for a sunleaves meter and got home to find my ppm's were WAY HIGH. I also went to gh website and customized a feeding chart and now have all things adjusted to proper levels. The meter also told me I have hard water so I also picked up some hard water flora micro. I hope this will get things back on track. BUY A DAMN METER AND QUIT GUESSING AS YOU ARE KILLING YOUR PLANTS. So, I did:D

mg defs are very rare in the world of cannibis growing. the pics we see in the faq's of different websites just confuse the crap outta people.
most of the time when we "think" its a N def , its really not enough N an so on , an so on. that goes for at least half the pics of "defs"

soil:farm:

Well, I can tell you that I have to add Cal-Mag to my GH nutes in flowering or I get Cal-Mag deficiency. I really do not think it is rare at all.

Latest posts

Back