Are these girls ready to FLOWER or WHAT?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Continue Veg or Flower

• FLOWER NOW

• VEG IT OUT A LITTLE MORE

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr. GreenBrain

Legal Grower
Reaction score
So this is my first time growing, and as I mentioned in another thread, I have been doing a **** load of research. During my research I have found that there is a lot of information, but none of it is specific.

The last thing I read is that if you start with clones, they are the same age as the mother plants in terms of when to flower. Now, I don't know how close to flowering the mother plant was when the clones were taken, so I guess I'm not sure when I should start the 12/12 light cycle.

Also, in the book I have (Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green) it says that the plants are ready to flower when they develop a calyx. However, the illustrations are so poor, I really can't tell what a calyx is supposed to look like.

The nodes on my plants look like they did when I first got them, but there are definitely "hairs" (not new shoots) coming out of a lot of the nodal regions. I've included some pics, so please take a look and tell me if you think my girls are ready to flower.

BEFORE, you mention that they can be flowered anytime, please know that I wish to flower at the OPTIMUM time. Thank you.

PS My camera's macro feature is a little crappy, but if more pictures are needed, tell me what I should be shooting for, and I'll try my best.

Update: forgot to include this picture, it's probably the best shot.
attachment.php

Nodes_4.gif

Nodes_8.gif

Nodes_9.gif

Nodes_12.gif

ok you have to remember that they will double /triple in size once put into flower ,so remeber to allow for height restrictions ,,,,once a plant has shown preflowers it s sexually mature and ready to be put into flower ,,,:peace:

That plant is plenty ready my friend...Nice job on LST..are we sure its female?..you can start flower anytime.looks like its mature enough 2 me..good luck

banjobuzz said:
i would veg longer. i dont really see any internodes. maybe one at the top of the plant.

how old is it?, and how long, and when was the last tie down session?...bb...

:ciao: my friend enlarge pic # 3;)

:guitar: :farm: :aok: missed that. i looked at 4.:cool: .

fire at will. still would like to know when was last tie down?...bb...

banjobuzz said:
how old is it?, and how long, and when was the last tie down session?...bb...still would like to know when was last tie down?
I'm not sure on the actual age because they are clones, and when I got them, they would already have been as old as the mother plant. I know I got them around 2/12 so they've been under my care for almost six weeks now.

The last tie down session was a few weeks ago, so I'm pretty sure that they are over that stress, and are ready to move on to new stress :rolleyes:.

4u2sm0ke said:
are we sure its female?
98% positive - they are clones

4u2sm0ke said:
:ciao: my friend enlarge pic # 3;)
Due to forum rules I am not aloud to post larger pics, so I cropped the section of what I think you'd like to take a better look at.

enlarged.gif

they are ready to flower when the preflowers are mature. you can flower any time before this tho aslong as the plant is producing the triangle stipules.

i thought mine were hairs at first but i realized every stip was nute burnt and had a crinkled orange/brown end :p

i would have to agree with THG u decide when flowering is, u can start flowering at 1 node or 5 nodes for that matter, 12 inches or 20 its all up to u. but they seem pretty ready to flower.

yes its up to you my friend..but 3.5 feet in hieght..and you doing LST you can c\keep her for years..This one is at 12 weeks and is in a 20 Gallon container..this is my Mother/doner hope this helps..:D

023.JPG

024.JPG

4u, she must be a pretty good mama to merit a bucket that big!

i've put clones straight into 12/12.

5.5 weeks is fine to switch dr. thg is correct. 3x stretch can be expected. some strains are an exception to the rule, depending on training , and technique...bb...

Hey I forgot to include this really good picture. My finger looks messed up because I edited it. Not sure if finger prints can be taken from a photo. Anyway, i think this is really telling.

Nodes_11.gif

Dr. GreenBrain said:
Hey I forgot to include this really good picture. My finger looks messed up because I edited it. Not sure if finger prints can be taken from a photo. Anyway, i think this is really telling.

Girl:D . Lucky you.

I Flower at 12-13" cause I know they will double or triple in size. The strain I am growing now,,stops dead in its tracks at 30". Love it.
But,,its all about the space Bro.

I must be growing a far different strain from most, because I always hear the "2 to 3 times bigger" quote all the time, but I've yet to see it. I do allow my plants to veg. longer than most probably do, but usually only get about the plants size half over again in flowering growth, not 2 to 3 times....but as we all know a lot of it is strain dependent.

Latest posts

Back