Are These Male Preflowers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondJim420

Reaction score
This healthy plant is 10 days into flowering, and is showing lots of white hairs. But today, I noticed what may be some male pollen sacs forming near the top of the plant. Please look at these pics and see if you think they are pollen sacs.

004 (800x600).jpg

005 (800x600).jpg

Look like nuts to me too sorry bout yur luck pilgrem hope yual have somethin else in the oven?

BWD

sorry bro, pick the nanners off and see what happens? if she herms out too bad, jus cut her :(..
I just did it to 4 beautiful Kush ladies 3-4wks in flower :(
sorry bro

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Look like nuts to me too sorry bout yur luck pilgrem hope yual have somethin else in the oven?

BWD

Yes, thankfully I have 3 more healthy all-female Northern Lights plants.

The plant in the pictures shows all female flowers except for those few pollen sacs near the top. Is it worth trying to pull off those sacs and see if all goes well? Or would doing so seriously risk eventually pollenating the other 3 strong females in the closet?

This is my first grow so I don't want to take any unwise chances.

DiamondJim420 said:
Yes, thankfully I have 3 more healthy all-female Northern Lights plants.

The plant in the pictures shows all female flowers except for those few pollen sacs near the top. Is it worth trying to pull off those sacs and see if all goes well? NO

Or would doing so seriously risk eventually pollenating the other 3 strong females in the closet? YES

This is my first grow so I don't want to take any unwise chances.
bin the he-she...;)

DiamondJim420 said:
OK, getting rid of the drag queen now...
I've no doubt, it is the prudent decision dj..:aok:

Yup was goin to say before good old hick join fireside that i did try it while back tryin to pick the sacks off and keep it female long as I could but turned out bad in end. Thing basicaly poluted my grow cabin and had to wash everythin anyways pains in the *** dont do it.

BWD

Thanks all.

BTW, here are the other 3 Northern Lights (10 days into flowering)...I think they'll easily fill the space vacated by the drag queen AK-48. I also included a couple pics of my first grow room (closet).

It's a 3'8" x 3'8" x 8' closet. The hood is a Luxor (vertical bulb) with 8" flanges. It houses a 600-watt Hortilux Super HPS bulb, powered by a Lumatek digital dimmable ballast. An Elicent 8" 636 CFM fan cools the hood and vents the room. There are 3 passive intake vents covered with black panty hose.

For my first grow I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Forrest grow medium (mixed with a little perlite), and Fox Farm nutrients.

The plants are Nirvana Northern Lights grown from feminized seeds. Wish me luck. I don't have any smoke till these are harvested, dried, and cured.

006 (800x600).jpg

007 (800x600).jpg

008 (800x600).jpg

009 (800x600).jpg

Nice looking closet there DJ! :aok:
You gonna start a grow journal? I'd sure like to see how your harvest turns out. I'm working with a similar sized space using two 400w and have been thinking of switching to one 600w.
Green Mojo To You! :watchplant:

Findin this here fire warm one fur sure. Likin what all yu did in such a great little set up. Be watchin fur sure ifin yual dont mind? Hope yur trails lead ya well friend.

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Findin this here fire warm one fur sure. Likin what all yu did in such a great little set up. Be watchin fur sure ifin yual dont mind? Hope yur trails lead ya well friend.

BWD

Thanks BWD. I'll be starting a grow journal soon, and I hope you'll stop by every now and again and check it out.

ishnish said:
Nice looking closet there DJ! :aok:
You gonna start a grow journal? I'd sure like to see how your harvest turns out. I'm working with a similar sized space using two 400w and have been thinking of switching to one 600w.
Green Mojo To You! :watchplant:

Thank you! Yes, I'll be starting a grow journal soon. Hope to see ya there.

DiamondJim420 said:
Thanks BWD. I'll be starting a grow journal soon, and I hope you'll stop by every now and again and check it out.

Be friend fireside forsure ifin yual let me. Throw log on.

BWD

Well, I killed the drag queen AK-48. But WHAT A ROOT STRUCTURE the she-male had...wow it was impressive...I've read mixed opinions about Fox Farm Ocean Forrest mix and nutrients, but they have worked very well for me on my first grow...

Latest posts

Back