Are they streching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smeg

Reaction score
hi all
a quick question to see what you guys think

i have always had clones in the past , Ive only grown from seeds once , and i couldn't stop em stretching

anyways ive bought some new seeds ( nirvana wonder women) and im giving it another try .

i planted them 3 days ago , and this time i have left them on the window sill , not put them under a light yet

what do you think , should i leave them on the window , or put them under my 150w veg lite now

there in coco
they will going under 600w lights as soon as i can , but i want them to establish themselves first and not stretch

any tips or advice much appreciated
16062009184.jpg 16062009185.jpg

they are doing well for 3 days is that from the time you put the seed in the jiffy pot???, they really need to be placed under a light thats why they are spindly lack of light, do as duck says when plant out bury to the first set of leaves, look foward to seeing your progress

ok thanks for the tips
so should i put them under / closer to a light , 150w veg light or is this to strong ?

16062009187.jpg
thanks

Smeg said:
ok thanks for the tips
so should i put them under / closer to a light , 150w veg light or is this to strong ?

View attachment 118549
thanks
not so close as to burn them, put your hand under the light till you feel a comfortable heat that doesnt burn your hand,and the girls should be fine,150 will be just fine,and dont be afraid to mist them

good addvice so far...yes get that light as close as possable..also I dont see a fan blowing on them..be sure to have a light breeze over them just enough to make them wiggle and dance..this will strengthen the stalk so as to hold those FAT Buds you are going to get:lama: I see a nute bottle in backround..what are wee feeding? and IMO..i would get them under more lights...what is the grow area size and whats the lumes that bulb puts out? Thanks Ill check back:bolt::bong:

All good advice here, seedlings get tall and spindly from lack of light, fan will help also.

I would want the lights you have completely across the tops of all the sprouts.

I also take foil or mylar to enclose the sprouts in a "grow chamber" by bringing it right over the fixture and all the way down, then use a light fan to blow thru the "tube"

Light is the key and you wont have to prop them up or bury 3 inches of stem.

FYI,when by bytchs stretch,gotta put em back in line.I smack em around a bit,choke em a little, put on a splint and send em to get daddies money.
Seriously if you place the stem between your thumb and forfinger.Squeeze until you can feel the cellular walls give.Now gently massage the area(once you release the plant it should "sag" to 1 side,if not try again).This is gonna look f-d up but thats where the splint comes allong.Take a straw and cut to length(inbetween internoids,where plant is saggin)then cut length wise.Place around plant.The straw should now hold the plant up right(if not add a lil masking tape-not 2 tight).Over the next week a "knuckle" will form @ week point on stem.This diverts energy to repain instead of reach for the light.
You don't need much HID light for seedlings/clones.I use 2 4' t8 floros w/ sweet results.
What kind of nute program do you have going on?

nutes

at the moment im just giving them Rhizotonic
il start using a bit of grow in the next day or so Ionic grow
and then Bigbud and Overdrive later
(well that's what Ive used in the past / might change my grow nutes thou )

they sound ok ?
thanks

Smeg said:
nutes

at the moment im just giving them Rhizotonic
il start using a bit of grow in the next day or so Ionic grow
and then Bigbud and Overdrive later
(well that's what Ive used in the past / might change my grow nutes thou )

they sound ok ?
thanks

IMO there way to small for any kind of nute.

Growdude said:
IMO there way to small for any kind of nute.

Yep... at this point all they need is plain water as they have plenty of food stored up for the first couple of weeks. Nutes will burn them at this point and could actually slow them down. Fluorescent lights can be as close as they can get without touching and it will prevent any stretching. Since you don't have enough lights to cover your seedlings completely you're going to get a bit of stretch with your current light position.

Good Luck!:cool:

hi all
ok its been 2 days since i posted , and they have now stretched even more

So.... should i pot them up , i have some small pots , or should i wait ??
they starting to fall over now .

18062009190.jpg18062009191.jpg

thanks

Smeg said:
hi all
ok its been 2 days since i posted , and they have now stretched even more

thanks

Re potting is a good idea but what have you done to prevent it from happening?

they are so stretched bro, get some lights on those babies! some metal halides and fast

Latest posts

Back